Stats for Unarmed

Trying to finish unarmed for a Zabrak character who is going to be a
smuggler. He is doing horribly, always taking a lot of damage. I also have
a Twi'lek who is going to be TKM, and he is having no real difficulty. The
Zabrak is comparatively low on mind and high on action relative to the
Twi'lek, but other than that the stats are similar. Why would the Zabrak be
having so much more trouble? Is mind important for defense?

well, according to the book" guide to star wars galaxies" zabrak have health
problems. each character is kinda made for certain tasks. humans artisan and
squad leader. twi'lek for entertainer. lizard guys for brawler. zabrak would
make good fencer or swordsmen pikemen.
all species have characteristics towards certain professions according to
their default abilities.

make sense?

"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Trying to finish unarmed for a Zabrak character who is going to be a
> smuggler. He is doing horribly, always taking a lot of damage. I also
have
> a Twi'lek who is going to be TKM, and he is having no real difficulty.
The
> Zabrak is comparatively low on mind and high on action relative to the
> Twi'lek, but other than that the stats are similar. Why would the Zabrak
be
> having so much more trouble? Is mind important for defense?

Thanks. Fortunately he is going to be a smuggler, so once he is done with
unarmed he will probably never use it again.

Still kind of curious about what mind affects. I see a lot of guys running
around with mind pumped way up. Not sure whether they did that permanently
or whether they are using a buff to do it. I guess you need it for healing,
but does it affect combat skills at all? Seems like most of my specials
primarily affect the action pool.

"Gilbert A Garza" <ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> well, according to the book" guide to star wars galaxies" zabrak have
health
> problems. each character is kinda made for certain tasks. humans artisan
and
> squad leader. twi'lek for entertainer. lizard guys for brawler. zabrak
would
> make good fencer or swordsmen pikemen.
> all species have characteristics towards certain professions according to
> their default abilities.
>
> make sense?

Charlie

> Thanks. Fortunately he is going to be a smuggler, so once he is done with
> unarmed he will probably never use it again.
>
> Still kind of curious about what mind affects. I see a lot of guys
running
> around with mind pumped way up. Not sure whether they did that
permanently
> or whether they are using a buff to do it. I guess you need it for
healing,
> but does it affect combat skills at all? Seems like most of my specials
> primarily affect the action pool.

Well, in PvP having high mind is VERY important. With so many riflemen,
fencer, and combat medic templates running around, not having at least 3k
mind is pretty much suicide.
As a master rifleman myself, I kill myself using specials with my T21. I'm
a Mon Cal will max mind stats and using headshot3 unbuffed still uses 160
mind per shot.

Combat professions usually affect a specific pool, mostly action like you
said. Rifleman, on the other hand, hits the mind pool. Rather hard I might
add. Same for Carbineer hitting the action pool quite hard. The devs force
us to buff to hunt these days. I was playing back when buffs did not work
and 15 man groups were necessary to kill a few pikets for that precious 2k
xp. Hopefully, the combat balance revamp will change a lot of this stuff.

But I'm not holding my breath. :(

--
Maestro Sartori <TGU>
Captain, Imperial Army, Tarquinas

Zacharias <TGU>
Imperial Private, Tarquinas
Master Artisan, Master Weaponsmith, Merchant 4444

Narcisse Barbarossa <TGU>
Neutral, Tarquinas
Master Musician and Master Doctor
Personal Buff Wh*re

*Yes I own three accounts. I'm an addict. =( Someone help me

well i noticed that as well bout 3 months ago. i beleive that its a result
of buffs becoming more common. players are not entering combat without them
so they changed their stats(stat migration). now you have to visit a image
designer to have them changed.
I also noticed when i started getting buffs that my action and health were
fine but my mind would take a beating. from using special attacks. another
reason for stat migration.
"Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. Fortunately he is going to be a smuggler, so once he is done with
> unarmed he will probably never use it again.
>
> Still kind of curious about what mind affects. I see a lot of guys
running
> around with mind pumped way up. Not sure whether they did that
permanently
> or whether they are using a buff to do it. I guess you need it for
healing,
> but does it affect combat skills at all? Seems like most of my specials
> primarily affect the action pool.
>

> "Gilbert A Garza" <ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> > well, according to the book" guide to star wars galaxies" zabrak have
> health
> > problems. each character is kinda made for certain tasks. humans artisan
> and
> > squad leader. twi'lek for entertainer. lizard guys for brawler. zabrak
> would
> > make good fencer or swordsmen pikemen.
> > all species have characteristics towards certain professions according
> > their default abilities.
> >
> > make sense?

Greetings,

I play a lizard so my health and action aren't too bad as it is. Mind pool
is used for healing and some special shots, which I need for my pets (CH
almost mastered here). Personally, I don't get buffs but I do use self
buffing foods. Helps when you do a lot of soloing. Since I use pets, I need
a decent mind pool to heal them when I grind.

If you wear composite armor helms they will hit the mind pool badly to boot,
as will other helms to a lesser degree. You will also regain mind faster if
you don't wear a helmet.

Hope the info helped some :)

Cheers

Obitrotzu Ossko