Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

e6750 to q6600 or q9550

  • CPUs
  • Games
Last response: in CPUs
September 20, 2008 5:48:48 PM

i have an e6750 running at 3.2 for the past year with no problems coupled with a 4870. but the recent price drops of the quads has piqued my interest. would it be worth it to jump up to a q6600 or even a 9550? or should i wait for the i7s in a few years? i mostly game and am thinking about the requirements/optimization of games like Fallout and FC2.

i'm sure this question has already been asked in a variety of ways, but thanks in adavance.

More about : e6750 q6600 q9550

September 20, 2008 6:07:43 PM

If I were you id wait till this xmas, your pc should run fine till then. After i7 comes out I expect a very big price drop on current quads (Q6600, Q9550, ect) so just wait. And a e6750 at 3.2 should tackle fallout and fc2 easy, theyre optimisation for quads is probably minor and will make little difference, its all in the GPU.
September 20, 2008 7:25:57 PM

makes sense. thanks for the reply
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 20, 2008 7:31:37 PM

If u dont play straregy games and very CPU intensive aps,then stick with your E6750 otherwise go for Q6600(Very cheap) and OC
a b à CPUs
September 21, 2008 4:42:45 AM

Is there anything your setup can't handle? I would wait longer before thinking of upgrading.
September 21, 2008 3:23:56 PM

I was wondering the same thing with my setup and FC2 and Fallout3 on my e6750@ 3.6 and 4850 GPU. I'll try ignore my brain telling me to spend money.
September 21, 2008 9:55:40 PM

one-shot: it's not easy, is it?
September 22, 2008 2:40:45 AM

It is very hard, I have a family member that works for Intel so i can get CPU's for pretty cheap. That influences my brain even more. I've been thinking about putting my dual core to rest and getting a quad but not much is optimized right now so there isn't really a point. However, if more apps were multi-threaded I'd have a quad in a second.
September 23, 2008 4:31:59 PM

Me too wanna buy a Q9550 but I think I gonna wait. The Q6600 is cheap but has to move on to the new Quad core.

BY how much can be the price drop for the Q9550 which about $320 now?
Just hope it will be below $300.