Very difficult, annoying problem.

ThaMahstah

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
I'm assuming this is the right subsection because, basically, I've got no sound.

I'll tell you the story so you can get the whole picture.

Alright well, I just recently purchased a new computer and assembled it. The Motherboard is an Asus Rampage Formula, so it comes with a Supreme FXII sound card. The instructions say to put it in the top slot, but it wouldn't fit there because of my video card so I put it in the lower slot. The slots are identical so I don't think that'd matter.

Anyway having assembled all the parts I turn on my computer and it works. That's good, right?

So I pop in the disk that came with the video card and install the drivers.

Then I pop the disk that came with the motherboard and click the, "Install all drivers" button.

3 out of 4 install, but one of them called, "Sound MAX ADI Audio Driver" doesn't install.
Okay I think, that might because I haven't connected my speakers yet.

So I connect my speakers and I turn them on and I get no sound. Okay, so I try and install the, "Sound MAX ADI Audio Driver" again. No good. When I click the driver individually instead of the, "Install all drivers" button I get this message:

"The Audio Driver Files do not support your computer hardware."

Okay...so...what do I do? Why don't I get any sound? The speakers are working and all, but no sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.