Services.msc Access Denied

Zeon723

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
I'm having a problem while editing a program in services.msc. I can access msconfig and services.msc without any problem but when I try to edit a program (whether for start up or anything) it returns a message of "Access Denied". Earlier, I was trying to modify the properties of ESET Services to Automatic since it have an error of "Error trying to communicate with kernel", I can access it's properties and I was about to change it's start up type to Automatic and when I clicked Apply, I got an error of "Access is Denied". Any solutions? Thanks in advance!

Zeon723

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
The account I'm using right now (and this is also the account I used to make change on services.msc) has the admin rights, although at
Safe Mode another account named Admin exists and also have the same password with my already existing account.
I tried making changes in safe mode and it is successful. Already scanned for malware using Malwarebytes but found nothing. Didn't tried
to make a scan with ESET Smart Security since it takes too long. Got any more suggestions?