Sign in with
Your question

Winxp fix" 0x0000100" error blocks the pc!

Last response: in Windows XP
December 5, 2010 12:51:44 PM

hi, i need help in resolving this problem , i made an MEM test also and nothing, no errors...but when the error with message"0x0000100" nothing works anymore...and it s showing also a messege that has something like CSRCS.exe , and then i can not use the pc at all i have to restarted! looking forward to hear from u ...! thnak u for help!
December 5, 2010 1:17:39 PM

Check the event viewer for errors. It should be recording some details. Look for the event ID, the source, and the description of the error.
start-->run-->eventvwr.msc-->look in the application and system logs
December 5, 2010 2:04:52 PM

aford10 said:
Check the event viewer for errors. It should be recording some details. Look for the event ID, the source, and the description of the error.
start-->run-->eventvwr.msc-->look in the application and system logs

ok.i went there, but i dont know what to look for...!??? thank u for help!
Related resources
December 5, 2010 6:15:34 PM

You want to look for errors (red X's). If you see one, look at the date/time of the error. If it matches a time when you saw that 0x0000100, then double click on that error, and it'll give you the details.
December 5, 2010 8:11:29 PM

aford10 said:
You want to look for errors (red X's). If you see one, look at the date/time of the error. If it matches a time when you saw that 0x0000100, then double click on that error, and it'll give you the details.

hi aga, i ve been looking and so it match, ive added also 3 photos in one af dem u will see also the error that showed up, so what can i do to dget rid of the error to have it fix!!!??? looking forward to hear from u! 10x!

if is not clear enough i can send them also on email or something..!
December 5, 2010 8:19:37 PM

I couldn't really see the last 2 photos. If you could crop them, and increase the size, it would help.

The first error was from the scheduler. If you have a program set to run in the windows scheduler, that's likely the source of that problem.
December 5, 2010 8:52:20 PM

aford10 said:
I couldn't really see the last 2 photos. If you could crop them, and increase the size, it would help.

The first error was from the scheduler. If you have a program set to run in the windows scheduler, that's likely the source of that problem.

when u say windows scheduler are u refering of control panel-perf and maintenaice- scheduler task ?????

i am working on making the photots larger!
10x!
December 5, 2010 8:58:10 PM

control panel-->scheduled tasks
December 6, 2010 8:26:12 AM

aford10 said:
control panel-->scheduled tasks

hi again! ive uploaded some more photos,some of them are also in the schl..task..and i wounder how can i remeove all tasks...and u have some picx also with the other errors...maybe they are a bit better....! thanks for help...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44445061@N00/5237733252/

and other 6 picx...........
December 6, 2010 11:40:16 AM

Try disabling hibernation, and see if those ftdisk errors go away.

If you have tasks scheduled, you can just delete them from that folder in the control panel.
December 6, 2010 5:18:15 PM

aford10 said:
Try disabling hibernation, and see if those ftdisk errors go away.

If you have tasks scheduled, you can just delete them from that folder in the control panel.

the hibernation is and was disabled...so is not from there...i ve been trying to enabled and it s not possible and appears "the system cannot find the file specified" .....!
December 6, 2010 6:09:52 PM

Sounds like there may be some corrupt system files. If you have an XP disc, put it in your drive. Go to start-->run-->type sfc /scannow and press enter. This will scan your system files for any damaged files, and replace them from your disc.
December 6, 2010 6:16:47 PM

aford10 said:
Sounds like there may be some corrupt system files. If you have an XP disc, put it in your drive. Go to start-->run-->type sfc /scannow and press enter. This will scan your system files for any damaged files, and replace them from your disc.

it has to be a xp boot cd, or can i go on internet and ....download an Xp that i can use also...????? or can i have the software (xp) on the computer like D partition and can be done like this also???
December 6, 2010 6:21:50 PM

It'll need to be a CD. If you know someone who has an XP disc, you could borrow theirs, if you don't have one.

If you have a recovery partition, you could run that. But you will lose any data on the drive.
!