X1650 Pro 512mb Issues

Pyroteknics

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Hi all.

I have this mildly annoying issue with my Powercolor X1650 Pro 512mb AGP graphics card when trying to play videos (in programs such as VLC, WMP etc), mainly being that it will totally freeze the video (and the system) while the audio continues playing normally (both in full screen and non full screen). If I try and Ctrl+Alt+Del or anything else nothing happens but the audio becomes slow and 'crackly', meaning I have to restart manually. Never use to have this problem on my old X800 card.

Here are the various things I have tried so far:

- Updated graphics drivers
- Rolled back to older graphics drivers
- Tried the Omega drivers
- Updated sound card drivers (sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio)
- Updated codecs for videos
- Updated video player software (such as newer VLC etc)
- Switched off the 'FastWrite' option

So, tried most things, and about to try setting hardware acceleration option from 'Full' to something lower to see if it works, but these crashes are completely random in time, I could watch a good few episodes of something and no problem, and then have something 10 minutes into it and then crashes. I don't have any of these problems playing any games.

If it helps, I had this error pop up just once after such a crash (haven't had it again since), which said:

Error Signature:

BCCode: ea BCP1 : 860C0770 BCP2 : 8693FE68 BCP3 : 869D6588
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I'm guessing those values are from memory hex values, and the OS Ver and SP are pretty obvious (being Windows XP Pro using service pack 3). I don't have a clue what the 'Product' bit is for, but I'm guessing it's to do with the graphics card?

Any help would be appreciated (can also list other hardware I'm using too if it helps)! :)

Pyroteknics

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
A slight update on this:

I've changed from the Omega drivers back to the proper ATI drivers (without the CCC, so just driver only), the 8.7 version. Also, put another newer update on the sound card as well as run a program to clean up any old drivers I might have had when I swapped from my X800 to X1650, and so far no crashes *yet* but I'm not holding my breath. I'll be back if there is!