iantosca

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I have decided I need 4 new side case fans. I am going to have the bottom two as intake and the top two exhaust. Does anyone have any recommenations? I do want to keep it as quiet as possible.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
im currently using silenx 120mm fans and they are great. But expensive. My computer is on top of my desk and its very quiet cant here the silenx fans but i have 2 stock ones that came with the case and those make like a humming,buzzing sound, still quiet but ima switch them out for the silenx fans. im actually gonna go pick one up this weekend.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
May I suggest you post a link of your case and your setup?

I can't see in my head why 4 side case fans in a square and two in, two out will really help matters much.

Maybe we can help, with more info about your case and setup of what your currently using for a CPU and GPU. Pics would be nice.

It's sooo hard to Tshoot remotely with no info. Look at it from our end. More info the better.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
also explain more like conumdrum said, because i also dont understand why u would want 4 side fans and have two intake and two exhause why not just do 2 on the side intake, 2 in front intake and 1 rear exhaust and 1 or 2 on top exhaust but u prolly dont need that many fans.

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
It will kill your airflow to have two fans going in opposite directions on the same side of the case. Air has to move in one direction throughout the case....in from the front and sides, and out the back and top

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007

Yep. All you will be doing is blowing in cool air and immediately sucking it back out without it cooling anything.

TRENDING THREADS