Motorola V400 - lose signal after 15 minutes

Last response: in Network Providers
February 1, 2005 9:29:06 AM

I bought a Motorola v400 approx 3 months ago and I'm beginning to see a
pattern...and a very consistant one at that. At approx the 15 minute
mark of talking on the phone, it just loses it signal and cuts off the
call. It happens all the time with different people and different
areas...but one thing is constant...it does it all the time. Anyone
else seen this problem with this model?
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:16:03 AM

You may be right and I'll have to try it. I spoke to my sister who
also has this phone and she is seeing the same thing. She took the
phone back to the Cingular Wireless kiosk where she purchased it twice
now and is still seeing the same problem...engineering might need to
address this one soon. Too much a coincidence.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:44:03 AM

I just had an 18:13 call after rebooting - and no drop off. I'll keep
you informed.
February 1, 2005 6:46:10 PM

<MichaelJDonovan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought a Motorola v400 approx 3 months ago and I'm beginning to see a
> pattern...and a very consistant one at that. At approx the 15 minute
> mark of talking on the phone, it just loses it signal and cuts off the
> call. It happens all the time with different people and different
> areas...but one thing is constant...it does it all the time. Anyone
> else seen this problem with this model?

We just had a memo regarding a problem with the V400, V551, V600, V180 &
V220. There is a software timing reset in the receiver that causes drops in
signal acquisition at regular intervals. The interval can be anywhere from 8
minutes to 16 minutes and usually shows up as a dropped call. According to
the memo, the problem can be prevented by cycling the power at least once
every 3 days. (It specifically said 3.03 days) If you have cycled the power
and it still has the problem, it may be unrelated, but it sounds exactly
like what was described by engineering.

Mark
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:27:32 PM

In article <1107274563.190213.289200@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
MichaelJDonovan@yahoo.com wrote:

> You may be right and I'll have to try it. I spoke to my sister who
> also has this phone and she is seeing the same thing. She took the
> phone back to the Cingular Wireless kiosk where she purchased it twice
> now and is still seeing the same problem...engineering might need to
> address this one soon. Too much a coincidence.

Never saw this problem on my v600. Could it be my upgrading to
TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR have saved me?
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 4:29:36 PM

Not sure what that means...except maybe you mean a new BIOS or ROM-PAK
for that unit? IS that what you mean?
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:47:47 AM

In article <1107379776.336594.231600@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
MichaelJDonovan@yahoo.com wrote:

> Not sure what that means...except maybe you mean a new BIOS or ROM-PAK
> for that unit? IS that what you mean?

Yes its the firmware, which with a USB cable and software found on the
web, one can update the firmware,
!