Still here...need combat exp tips

Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!

My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
help!

Ben
11 answers Last reply
More about still here need combat tips
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Durango <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!

    Technically, you receive combat XPs = weapon XPs / 10 as you go. When
    you finished all weapons in marksman, you should have enough combat XPs
    to close ranged support boxes and even some left over (if I remember
    correctly). So you just need to kill more stuff.

    There is no good alternative to grouping in terms of good XPs. But...
    Not all critters were created equal, and you'll find out that some of
    those that you can solo give better XPs than others.

    I cannot tell you which are better. It depends on planet, your level,
    etc.
    Besides, I'm going TKA now and unarmed is a blast - I managed to go
    through brawler unarmed solo in no time.

    Find good food, armor, buffs and you'll be able to solo much tougher
    creatures and rip better XPs that way. That will cost you credits, of
    course. Get weapons sliced, add powerups.

    Xael
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Go to the Emperor's retreat and Fort Tusken, Geo Lab, Weapons Facility, and
    some of the other places that haven't been nerfed.
    Oh, yeah, KILL A LOT OF IMP NPCS!
    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!
    >
    > Ben
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!
    >
    > Ben

    Trying to get the 40k combat xp to make the jump from Master Marksman to
    Novice Bounty Hunter was what took me the longest (besides the
    Investigation line) in the game so far :) One thing to remember is that
    40,000 combat XP is roughly 400,000 weapon XP. It will take you awhile
    to get. What I did was spend a ton of time out in the Tat wilderness
    north of, and in between Mos Entha and Mos Taike. I hunted banthas for
    what seemed like forever. =)

    Some tips to help:
    1) You get a bonus to XP if you are in a group. The simplest thing to
    do is use a droid or pet, group with them, then leave them somewhere
    'safe', such as by the mission terminal.

    2) Some people recommended using grenades, as they seem to give a bonus
    to the combat XP. I can't comment on that, as I never tried - might be
    worth looking at though.

    3) Use the time you are getting the combat XP to get your weapon XP up
    also. Don't stick to just your pistol or carbine (don't use your rifle,
    there is no BH rifle tree). Once you max out the XP of one, switch to
    the other. When you max out both before getting Novice BH, determine
    which you like better and pick up Novice in that tree (Pistoleer or
    Carbineer). The speed, accuracy and specials you get with that box will
    help you to kill stuff faster and get the XP quicker. When you finally
    get Novice BH, you will be able to train a couple boxes of weapons at
    the same time.

    There isn't really a good 'do this and get all the combat XP you want!'
    method, it is just kill more stuff. One thing I did notice over the
    last couple of weeks is that Stories are worth 220-350 combat XP each :P

    Good luck.
    - Oalan
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!

    look at the creature your are killing and see what the resist are and then
    pick a weapon the will work the best.

    use special shots spamming burst shot 1 on a squill I can pickup between
    1000-1600 carbine xp without spamming that shot I am down to 500-800 this
    will only work if you are buffed or have a medic who wants loads of healing
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:25:18 -0500, Durango wrote:

    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!
    >
    > Ben

    If you have any combat ability, go to Rori to the Torton cave. Excellent
    XP to be had there. Otherwise, go to Naboo and join a group for a Fambaa
    hunt. A nice group will let you kill the lair after the mobs are gone and
    you will get your XP in no time. Are you on Tempest by any chance?

    --
    Asmis Otrolesto
    Hilltop Crafter's Alliance

    Hey there. Im on Radiant, sorry. Its hard to find a group though. Im
    with a guild, but their only on together during the weekends. I'd love
    to level up to BH before then, but Im making like 50pts a beast, with
    another 15000 more to go, its crazy. I find if I tackle anything more
    difficult, i get mauled. I'll check out Rori, but I have a feeling
    i'll be slaughtered. Thanks guys

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:49:33 -0400, Asmis Otrolesto
    <news@tenandsix.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:25:18 -0500, Durango wrote:
    >
    >> Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    >> onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    >> just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >>
    >> My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    >> weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    >> getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    >> suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    >> help!
    >>
    >> Ben
    >
    >If you have any combat ability, go to Rori to the Torton cave. Excellent
    >XP to be had there. Otherwise, go to Naboo and join a group for a Fambaa
    >hunt. A nice group will let you kill the lair after the mobs are gone and
    >you will get your XP in no time. Are you on Tempest by any chance?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:25:18 -0500, Durango <mdurango@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    >onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    >just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    >My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    >weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    >getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    >suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    >help!
    >
    >Ben
    Since everyone is suggesting grouping to raise combat xp I have an
    observation. SWG without a doubt has the worst grouping Ive ever seen,
    Not talking about the game its the players. No tactics, no
    co-ordination just blow the hell outa anything that moves people go
    down like a cheap hookers. WTF is this? I know they can play solo so
    why do they go apeshit in groups? Staying solo till I can find someone
    with a live brain cell...Can get faster xp on my own.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    on corellia for example grondas and sharns and imps and nyax give great xp
    but you gotta be doc and mind buffed and have both brandy and canape flowin
    untill you master better and better shots...mindshot 2 and headshot 3 are
    your friend ..but only with the aforementioned mind buffs and food..

    KROM

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!
    >
    > Ben
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    > onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    > just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >
    > My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    > weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    > getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    > suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    > help!
    >
    > Ben

    Get into pickup hunting groups. I am on Ahazi and working out of Anchorhead
    on Tatooine yesterday I was getting 1k/100 pistol/combat ep per Mountain
    Squill plus 50+ units of carnivore meat.

    Tom
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:59:40 -0500, Ringo wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:25:18 -0500, Durango <mdurango@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hey everyone. If you recall, i was the newbie who had problems logging
    >>onto the game in the beginning. Well Im happy to say I am having fun,
    >>just Mastering Scout and Marskman. Can't wait to start bounty hunter!
    >>
    >>My question is, does anyone have any tips on getting combat exp? On
    >>weekends my guild goes on big game hunts, but during the week Im
    >>getting about 30 pts a target during simple missions. Anyone have any
    >>suggested targets I should be aiming for? Any tips at all? Thanks for
    >>help!
    >>
    >>Ben
    > Since everyone is suggesting grouping to raise combat xp I have an
    > observation. SWG without a doubt has the worst grouping Ive ever seen,
    > Not talking about the game its the players. No tactics, no
    > co-ordination just blow the hell outa anything that moves people go
    > down like a cheap hookers. WTF is this? I know they can play solo so
    > why do they go apeshit in groups? Staying solo till I can find someone
    > with a live brain cell...Can get faster xp on my own.

    Are you in a guild? I'll admit that pick-up groups are horrible at best. I
    have found that in a good guild, where people communicate in-game a lot,
    there is a lot of coordination and strategy. But you really need group
    leaders that are not soft bellied. If someone taps a lair in the middle of
    a mob spawn they are reprimanded. Twice and they are out of the hunt.
    Loot grabbers get the same treatment. As long as people are getting to
    know each other and communicating this is usually not a problem. We have
    had our bad seeds, but they leave on their own. They always do.
    --
    If it starts to make sense, you're in a cult.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I racked up a lot of xp last night soloing the Nargalatch cave outside
    Moenia. I made it 3/4 of the way through before i died..because of my
    damn mind!

    Get buffed up and go as far as you can. I was hitting 3k Unarmed xp
    and 300 or so combat xp per nargalatch.

    If you die, get buffed up and go again.

    I think i filled up 3/4 of Expert Power Technique box doing
    this...plus a good amount of my 2nd combat box.

Games Video Games