Desktop Problems

I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
desktop.

"X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."

What's wrong?

Thanks,
McClint
mcclint_downing@yahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop problems

    "McClint" <vitalpilot@core.com> wrote in message
    >I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
    > desktop.
    >
    > "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > McClint
    > mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

    Your account setup is hosed. The desktop folder for your account should be:
    C::\Documents & Settings\<your name>\Desktop.
    That location contains you very own shortcuts, but for some reason the
    system is trying to access X:\Desktop\, but the folder does not exist.
    Jim

Desktops Microsoft Error Message Windows XP