How to set my fan control in bios

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
hey everyone i want to know how to set my cpu smart fan control in bios, as it can be auto, voltage, pwm, and what is pwm, what i want to do is i use speedfan to bring the speed of the fan down to 50% as i still get pretty much the same results as with 100% but alot quieter and when i restart my pc the cpu fan always starts on full and i have to go into speed fan and change it everytime, is there a way to make it fixed so its always on 50%, right now i put it on auto as its not on full always but then i go into speed fan and change it there but that gets annoying to do everytime. What can i do about that?

Get a fan controller....

If your CPU is too loud at 100% then it would be a hassle to go into bios EVERY time you get annoyed by the sound... With a fan controller you can lower or raise the fanspeed on-the-fly and this way your life should be much easier.....

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
so do i disable the cpu smart fan thing?

and can speedfan do anything about it, can i set it at 50% and save it because everytime i go into speed fan its at 100% hmm yeah i think ill just go with a speed controller thing, and do they have to be 4 pins to connect to the fan controller or can i regulate a 3 pin also? and how much does one cost?