Problems with LG WH08LS20 and LG GH22NS50

woozy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I am building a new PC and bought a LG DVD writer (GH22NS50) and a LG Blu-ray Writer (WH08LS20). After putting it all together and setting up the BIOS etc, making sure all drives were recognized, I stuck the windows 7 64-bit home premium CD in the dvd-writer and booted up. It started the installation process, but then popped up a window saying that a CD/DVD drive device driver was missing, and to insert the disc I got from the manufacturer to install the missing drivers. I never received a disc with the either drive, and the only downloads I saw available for these devices on LG's website were firmware upgrades. Does anyone have the correct drivers for either of these drives ?
I have tried just hooking up one of these drives at a time and get the same results for both of them. I have sent an email to LG's support department but have not heard back from them. I have also sent an email to newegg.com where I purchased the drives to see if they have a driver disc.
Has anyone else had this problem trying to install windows 7 with these drives ?
I checked the labels on the drives themselves and the dvd-writer is running firmware TN01 ( I think thats the firmware including the bluebird disc writing software ) and the blu-ray is running firmware rom 2.0.

I guess I can pull both drives from the machine and stick the windows 7 files on a flash drive to install the OS and then try putting the drives back in.

I'm assuming of course that the message about the cd/dvd drive device driver is actually referring to the optical media drives and not something else utterly unrelated to those devices. Would'nt be the first ambiguous message found in windows would it. :non: :kaola:

The rest of the machine setup is as follows

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
MSI 790FX-GD70 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 240-pin SDRAM (p/n: TR3X6G1600C9)
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 7200rpm 1.5GB SATA Drives (RAID 0 config)
2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 Video Cards
Asus VW246H 24" HD 1080P 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Monitor
Antec TruePower 750W PSU (TP-750 Blue)
Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Case
LG Blu-Ray Writer SATA (WH08LS20)
LG DVD Burner SATA (GH22NS50)

woozy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009

Ambiguous message 1
Tired Tech-Guy 0

Ok, so what it was actually asking for was the RAID controller device driver so the array could be bootable.... go figure !
I stuck it on a USB flash drive, popped it in a USB slot, rebooted and when the message appeared again i hit the browse button and abracadabra ! shazam ! and windows 7 is installing as i type.
Problem Solved..

Still it would be nice if MS could give us better messages to work from.
:hello: adios

notbob5434

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
hey could you by any chance point me to where you found those drivers as I am having the same problem...you can email them to me also at notbob5434@aol.com. i would greatly appreciate it!

lord_dodobird

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I also am having this problem and everywhere I look there are no drivers, could you either e-mail me a link or the the drivers, or post an answer here, my e-mail is lord_dodobird@yahoo.com