Sign in with
Your question

280GX2 - sooner than later

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 13, 2008 3:32:19 PM

We all know GX2 version of GTX200 will be coming sooneer than later, i have to admit 4870X2 is a magnificent card but its way too overpriced to me.

anyway, just like when ATI releases 3870X2, it was a hell of a card but when Nvidia releases 98xx, ATI's best offering looks just like a cat, a silly cat especially when running games.

So, folks with SLI board should not worry, GX2 of GTX200 will be coming soon and will take 4870X2 down and make it looks like a cat.

discuss.

More about : 280gx2 sooner

August 13, 2008 3:44:46 PM

concrum said:
We all know GX2 version of GTX200 will be coming sooneer than later, i have to admit 4870X2 is a magnificent card but its way too overpriced to me.

anyway, just like when ATI releases 3870X2, it was a hell of a card but when Nvidia releases 98xx, ATI's best offering looks just like a cat, a silly cat especially when running games.

So, folks with SLI board should not worry, GX2 of GTX200 will be coming soon and will take 4870X2 down and make it looks like a cat.

discuss.

you're a troll.

discuss.
August 13, 2008 3:51:42 PM

Oh the 4870x2 is too expensive, right, as if the GTX280 is NOT overpriced at all...
ANd how much will the 280GX2 cost?
Related resources
August 13, 2008 3:58:37 PM

romulus47plus1 said:
Oh the 4870x2 is too expensive, right, as if the GTX280 is NOT overpriced at all...
ANd how much will the 280GX2 cost?

Nvidia will lowered G280 to 350$ and release 280GX2 as low as 499$. Cant get better than that. Nvidia luvs gamers.
August 13, 2008 3:59:10 PM

Um dream on. No 280GX2 coming, even if you say so. . .
August 13, 2008 4:00:45 PM

concrum said:

discuss.

ROFL.LMAO.OMG :pt1cable:  :lol:  :lol:  :na:  :na:  .Oh this is just to funny .You should do stand up comedy.Oh my ribs ,this is the best day ever,thanks :cry:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :pt1cable: 
August 13, 2008 4:00:57 PM

Guys ..... didn't you get it yet that concrum is on Nvidia's payroll ... his goal is to post crap threads on Nvidia products. Obviously any replies you make trying to point the flaws in his logic will be ignored. WOT
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 4:08:38 PM

He starts a thread about a card that doesnt exist, talks about the competitions last generation, and the prices are supposed to be 1 third of what they are now. WELCOME TO DREAMLAND
August 13, 2008 4:09:57 PM

Hmmm this card would need at least (in my opinion more but I'll give it a chance) 50% more power that the single version.

Doesn't that mean a 3rd pcie connector and isn't that against pcie spec???
August 13, 2008 4:10:39 PM

smartel7070 said:
Guys ..... didn't you get it yet that concrum is on Nvidia's payroll ... his goal is to post crap threads on Nvidia products. Obviously any replies you make trying to point the flaws in his logic will be ignored. WOT

True, but instead of trying to flame him for the nvidiot he obviously is, we are informing those who do not know.
Nvidia will simply not be able to produce a viable dual-gpu solution with the G280 core due to the fact that they only do dual pcb cards.. which would be impossible considering I highly doubt nvidia can strap two single slot coolers and have it running under 100C. Secondly it would most likely need two 8 pin connectors to power such a monster :na: 
August 13, 2008 4:27:49 PM

If you guys think nVidia will just sit and let ATI have the fastest card, your all dreaming. You should know better that that, they will not let ATI have the crown, and thats all he was trying to say. My partner and I are the new owners of www.pureoverclock.com and we are in the process of getting review samples, if there is going to be a new GX2 i am sure we will hear about it.

By the way, stop by and check us out, CoolIt Systems sent us some of their cooling products to use for prizes in contests that we will be starting very soon. There is also a 3DMarkVantage key code up for grabs for who ever comes up with the best idea for our first contest, we will also have new reviews posted very soon.

Stan
August 13, 2008 4:29:31 PM

lol, it would have been slightly more credible if concrum had said they were coming out with a GTX290 or something of the sort, but a dual card? ha! it'll have to come with a free PSU and fire extiguisher for people to buy it.

P.S. 10$ says within the next week someone says Nvidia is coming out with a GTX 290

P.P.S In response to the post above mine, no Nvidia will not let ATI have the crown, they will almost certainly go berzerk on the next generation and try to plant ATI's face in the ground, I just hope ATI is gonna be ready.
August 13, 2008 4:39:18 PM

A 280GTX x2 will never happen. Even after the fall die shrink the GPU on that bad boy is to monolithic for such a device. There will be a refresh of the 260/280 before X-mas most likely, with a shrunk down GPU.. maybe they will call it call it 280GTX++ :) 
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 4:42:01 PM

concrum said:

discuss.

Fanboy alert!!! When 280gtx came out it was like $650....thanks for red team the prices went down :] You say that just released 4870x2 @ $569.99 is expensive....? The prices will go down you nuublet x(:
August 13, 2008 4:43:25 PM

Really, who buys this crap anyway? Systems that require >1KW power supplies to play games at idiotically high resolutions!
No womder PC gaming is in the state its in. Hardware requirement have become insane and top-of-the-line hardware is outdated in a few months.
Let this guy buy the dual GPU GTX 280. I'm sure its top dog status will last a quarter of a year at best.
August 13, 2008 4:45:34 PM

I think ATI is prepared an is also moving on to something else,like the cinema 2.0.Intel talks about raytracing,Nvidia is pushing physics,but I think this cinema 2.0 thing looks amazing and am hoping that it gets here with in the next 2 game cycles.What do you (plural) think.
August 13, 2008 4:48:00 PM

Responding to the troll "concrum" you feed the troll. You acknowledge his fanboy/false/flame posts, you give the troll a plate of food. If we all stopped posting and responding...maybe the troll will go away :pfff: 
August 13, 2008 4:54:19 PM

gtx280gx2 is a dream. what nvidia could do best is release gtx280 on 55nm coupled with ddr5 ram......thats all i think is possible for nvidia rit now.

maybe concurm jus likes to prove he is a lame lame lame wannabe clown. i don think nvidia wouldn want to hire anyone and give chance to ppl to laugh at them.
August 13, 2008 4:55:27 PM

Nvidia is not in any position to respond to ATI.

Right now they need to focus on two things. Fixing their ever growing lineup of failing graphic cards and getting the GTX 200 series on the 55nm process.

Once they are on 55nm they will be able to lower prices, release a higher clocked GTX 290 and than release a GTX 200 GX2 card.

Nvidia will just have to swallow it's pride and let ATI have the best card for a while. With the current games available a card that powerful is really only needed by people with a 30" displays anyways.
August 13, 2008 5:02:51 PM

one-shot said:
Responding to the troll "concrum" you feed the troll. You acknowledge his fanboy/false/flame posts, you give the troll a plate of food. If we all stopped posting and responding...maybe the troll will go away :pfff: 

but then who will make us feel better after a long hard day.......we need entertainments :??: 
August 13, 2008 5:03:52 PM

concrum said:

discuss.

Really, get a life.
August 13, 2008 5:05:32 PM

guys why are you fueling his stupidity, he's obviously toying with us

i mean seriously, no1 can be this into this graphics card business, even a dimwit

he enjoys fueling flame wars, don't reply to any of his messages, just give him a red thumb, make his message dissappear, and that's it really
August 13, 2008 5:08:26 PM

aye or just respond to all his threads like i do now

CONCRUM SHUT THE F**K UP YOUR EITHER INCREDIBLY STUPID OR JUST HAVE A NVIDIA TATTOO ON YOUR ARSE!.
August 13, 2008 5:15:19 PM

ro3dog said:
I think ATI is prepared an is also moving on to something else,like the cinema 2.0.Intel talks about raytracing,Nvidia is pushing physics,but I think this cinema 2.0 thing looks amazing and am hoping that it gets here with in the next 2 game cycles.What do you (plural) think.

Now I may be wrong in the following statement so bear with me but:
Isn't ATI already able to do PhyxX and Raytracing at a decent level with little or no driver modification, that cuppled with the Havok physics that is being ported soon, I'd say ATI is on the right track
August 13, 2008 5:25:20 PM

55 nm GTX280...sure...They have too...and then they'll get competitive again witha a even lower price, but GDDR5 is not likely...they explayned on tomshardware how the Nvidia architecture is diffrent from ATI's and they can't yet adopt GDDR 5.
a c 143 U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 5:32:49 PM

How do you power up a card made of two GTX 280 cards? At most, a PCI slot with two 8-pin connectors would be able to get 375W if I got my math right.

If a single GTX 280 can reach 236W under load, a sandwich made of two of them would need 472W, give or take a few. Even with a die-shrink to 55 nm and lower clocks, I still don't see it happening.

Nice try though... :) 

Edit: oh, and Concrum, what's up with using "cat" as an insult??? Cats are smart. My cat has never ever posted garbage on a forum, for example.
August 13, 2008 5:39:06 PM

aevm said:
How do you power up a card made of two GTX 280 cards? At most, a PCI slot with two 8-pin connectors would be able to get 375W if I got my math right.

If a single GTX 280 can reach 236W under load, a sandwich made of two of them would need 472W, give or take a few. Even with a die-shrink to 55 nm and lower clocks, I still don't see it happening.

Nice try though... :) 

Edit: oh, and Concrum, what's up with using "cat" as an insult??? Cats are smart. My cat has never ever posted garbage on a forum, for example.

don worry......nvidia will find a way. maybe a buildin PSU or direct line from the city power grid.....
August 13, 2008 5:42:04 PM

sarwar_r87 said:
don worry......nvidia will find a way. maybe a buildin PSU or direct line from the city power grid.....

They may include a nuclear generator with it. You know, like those in Red Alert 2.
August 13, 2008 5:47:01 PM

concrum said:

discuss.

How is the 4870x2 "way too overpriced" for you? How much do YOU think it should cost? And when the GTX280 was $650, why weren't you complaining it was "way too overpriced?" I'm so sick of the **** on this forum from insanely out of line fanboys. The 4870x2 is a FLAGSHIP duel GPU graphics card, it's supposed to be expensive and full of brute force, which is it. But saying the most powerful graphics on earth at $550 is overpriced.... absolutely ridiculous.
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 5:52:12 PM

Wow...a lot of people arguing over speculated product without any information to either support or debunk it. If anyone posting here is working at nVidia or AMD/ATI, please let us know what information is correct. Everyone else, please, keep speculating.

This is almost as bad as the Brett Favre BS from the past month...everything is speculation until something happens...that doesn't mean its worth arguing over until then.
August 13, 2008 6:19:12 PM

Go Jets
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 6:35:31 PM

nVidia should just put All the defective G86 or G84 Chips on a card and Concrum will think its better then ........ Well he may never know.........

I think they have bigger issues then beating ATI now!

1Haplo
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 6:35:56 PM

one-shot said:

The irony replying with a message like this is palpable...Of course a GTX280X2 will never happen...the pcb size alone...fuhgitabowd the power requirements...

I just wanna know when they are releasing 790FX mobos with the new SB750 southbridge?!?!?!
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2008 6:45:30 PM

concrum said:
Nvidia will lowered G280 to 350$ and release 280GX2 as low as 499$. Cant get better than that. Nvidia luvs gamers.

That's why they sat on the 8800GTX cash cow for so long without releasing any updates or faster cards? Because they love gamers?
August 13, 2008 10:15:39 PM

Why is Concrum not banned? Can we start a petition or something? Seriously I'm suck of this ****.
August 14, 2008 4:13:09 AM

roflcopter...thats pretty much all I got, I think my 2 year old god son takes a hint better than this....my god my gf dog can ::) 

Please see the error of your ways and repent!!! go and whip yourself with an Ati videocard and repeat the words of the Proccessor: Pwned, Pwned, Pwned.
August 14, 2008 4:39:58 AM

Quote:
hmm, yet, you recommended the gtx280 even when new, and now the x2 is too expensive, odd that.

QFT

concrum needs to be banned.
August 14, 2008 8:57:00 AM

ovaltineplease said:
QFT

concrum needs to be banned.

i no concrum is an embarasment for nvidia and its fans, but y ban him.......he makes me laugh!!! :p  :kaola: 
August 14, 2008 9:17:59 AM

concrum said:

discuss.

And how much you think will cost 280GX2 ? i gues like 1000$ or even more as nvidia will need to use more layers for board to make all necessacy connections betwen both chips and 4870x2 still beat it at least in some games for almost double of price. And realy dont want to see cooling for that 2x 236W of heat it coud make :) 
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2008 9:25:46 AM

Even at 55nm, the 280 would be impossible to x2. The 260 may, and I mean just barely, do it. What I find to be disturbing about a 260x2 is, we all know that a good portion of that card is disabled. To do that purposely, and to 2 chips, well, thatd be a new low for nVidia. And the cost would never go below 500$. But if they really want that top spot...
August 14, 2008 9:45:44 AM

two PCB just like GX2. it will beat 4870X2 CFX for sure. and it will be released as low as 499-549, seing GTX280 could be found as low as 410$ right now.

G280 wil be as low as 299$ at the times 280GX2 arrives.
August 14, 2008 9:47:02 AM

Will it be water cooled?
August 14, 2008 10:07:00 AM

The Lads said:
Will it be water cooled?

no need for that at all, it wil runs much cooler than 4870X2
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2008 10:07:47 AM

concrum said:
two PCB just like GX2. it will beat 4870X2 CFX for sure. and it will be released as low as 499-549, seing GTX280 could be found as low as 410$ right now.

G280 wil be as low as 299$ at the times 280GX2 arrives.

The TDP of the G280 at 65nm is 236 watts. Since anything over 250watts is impossible, nVidia would have to severly cripple a G280x2, even at 55nm. Being that the 4870 isnt that far off from G280 performance, being that the power requirements currently make the x2 design impossible, being that even shrunk down, the G280x2 would be at least 30% larger, and thus more expensive, being that the G280 uses a 512 bit bus, which requires many more connects, which also have to be precise, makes the card more expeensive, and finally, being that nVidia has harmed its reputation lately regaurding price/performance of their cards, nVidia, IF they could pull off this miracle, wouldnt sell very many of them
August 14, 2008 10:36:25 AM

hmm funny that the brand new wow ridiculously fast GTX280 is using the same memory type as my 7600GS. kudos to ATI for using the initiative and doing something instead of sitting on their arses and crying when they lose money in Q2 like some other company...

and even if someone banned concrum he would just make a new account...why bother.

just let the fanboy sit on his chair and laugh at our comments. how about we ignore him and post our comments to each other...
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2008 11:10:17 AM

Sounds good to me. So, that GDDR5 is much better than nVidias solution of GDDR3 isnt it?
!