Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows Seven Connection Problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 16, 2009 3:55:52 PM

Hello folks ! I've got a big problem ! I formatted my acer 8920g to install windows seven. Everything went fine from installing the os to the drivers. But now I can't connect to my wireless network ... It says I've got a limited access to my network and the troubleshoot didn't help , they say I've got the wrong password which is not the case. I also have a program wit my router that create an install file on a usb key and when I try it on my laptop, it says my radio is off. That made me notice that my key that I habitually use to toggle on and off my wireless card is not working. I know what is the problem, but I don't know how to turn it on from somewhere else in the computer :(  My bluetooth button right under the wireless button is working so it made me suspicious about the problem.

Except from that, only my Cineash Media Console volume controls are not working ( but the play/next/back/pause/mute buttons are ) but I don't really care about that since I havn't used it really much .

Now the main reason to buy a laptop is no more working :??: 

Thanks a lot to whoever find the answer to my question with their precious time :D 
August 17, 2009 7:29:49 PM

Right click the computer icon on your desktop.
Choose manage on the menu.
Click on Device Manager in the left pane.
Look in Network Adapters in the right pane.

Is your wireless adapter in the list?

If not look in Other Devices. If it is there, you have driver issues.
August 18, 2009 1:21:46 AM

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller and
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

I've got 1 thing in other devices, and I don't know what is it to update the drivers, even windows can't find anything to solve it...

Everything is working on my laptop except for the wireless ...
Related resources

Best solution

August 18, 2009 12:17:08 PM

Try to update the driver for the wireless. Vista driver from Acer may work for the wireless.
September 24, 2010 6:41:00 PM

Best answer selected by abswindows7.
!