How can I boot different option from one OS

Hello, I have XP MCE2005 and I am desperatly trying to find a way to choose
different boot option during startup.
I do quite different things with my MCE, I like Playing games, Editing
Photos, Editing Videos, PVR series, work, etc.

I have many different programs for each application , many of which have
entries in the start up and services. ALL are loaded during start up,
consuming un

I which to know if there is a way to create various start up or boot option
were I can predefine and choose a proble for 1) Gaming 2)Video/Photo editing
3)Recording, etc

Thanks in advance
--
hab

Boot-up options are only available for different or multiple operating systems.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"hab" wrote:

| Hello, I have XP MCE2005 and I am desperatly trying to find a way to choose
| different boot option during startup.
| I do quite different things with my MCE, I like Playing games, Editing
| Photos, Editing Videos, PVR series, work, etc.
|
| I have many different programs for each application , many of which have
| entries in the start up and services. ALL are loaded during start up,
| consuming un
|
| I which to know if there is a way to create various start up or boot option
| were I can predefine and choose a proble for 1) Gaming 2)Video/Photo editing
| 3)Recording, etc
|
| Thanks in advance
| --
| hab

Does anyone knows if there are third party application that would allow for
boot up options within one OS?
--
hab

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Boot-up options are only available for different or multiple operating systems.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "hab" wrote:
>
> | Hello, I have XP MCE2005 and I am desperatly trying to find a way to choose
> | different boot option during startup.
> | I do quite different things with my MCE, I like Playing games, Editing
> | Photos, Editing Videos, PVR series, work, etc.
> |
> | I have many different programs for each application , many of which have
> | entries in the start up and services. ALL are loaded during start up,
> | consuming un
> |
> | I which to know if there is a way to create various start up or boot option
> | were I can predefine and choose a proble for 1) Gaming 2)Video/Photo editing
> | 3)Recording, etc
> |
> | Thanks in advance
> | --
> | hab

By right clicking MyComputer/properties /hardware/profiles
you can create different "Hardware" profiles ..........in it you could
disable hardware that you would not use for that session.

As such you also could set up a very various user accounts for which you
could disable certain programs from starting.As an example for a GAME user
you could disable the editing software,any program that sits on the Task Bar
is using resources you could use for games.I am not too sure if you can or
how to disable certain services from running under a specific user but that
would free resources as well.
Maybe someone with a little more knowledge on this subject would like to
join in now and explain if this is or is not possible.
peterk