Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Problem

Last response: in Components
September 22, 2008 11:27:19 PM

I have an EVGA nForce 750i FTW motherboard and Windows XP Pro SP3. I can access the internet but when I got to network configurations I can't change the ip address and it shows my network connection as a 1394 Net Adapter and I know I have an Ethernet built into the motherboard not a 1394 Net Adapter. I have installed all the latest motherboard drivers from the EVGA website but I still have the problem. Can someone help me change my ip address or better yet tell me what is wrong. Thanks in advance!
September 23, 2008 1:15:10 AM

Sounds like your only looking the system tray for the "2 computers" icon. Go into your network connections through control panel and it will be in there.
September 23, 2008 1:18:16 AM

whenever i go to control panel and click on the network connections icon it locks up my computer (particularly explorer.exe).
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2008 11:13:06 PM

Have you tried getting the Nforce drivers from the Nvidia website and installing them?

I ended up doing that with my ASUS M/B.
October 6, 2008 9:27:42 PM

Thanks for all of your advice but I finally just gave up and dual booted with Vista Ultimate X64 and XP Pro X64 and it works charms, no more network connection errors and now I can change my IP.

-Thread Closed-
!