Solution To The Common Reseting Loop???

Arceye

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Ok after reading many forums on this subject i still have to find one that gives a solution.
Let me give you some background.
I originialy had GA-EP35C-DS3R With
E8400 intel
Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 2gb 1.8v Memory - x2 but only used 1 at a time.
Pny 9600gt OC Graphics Card

And got the reset loop, No beeps no post.
Originaly thought it was cpu so sent that back, they tested it and sent it back to me as it was fine.
Took Motherboard back as i then though it was that, 2nd exact board done exactly the same reseting loop.
Now while all this was going on i ofcourse tested the system in another chassis, out the chassis, 2 differant PSU, Memory In Differant Slots, No Memory, No Graphics Card,Cleared Cmos.....but it still reset.
So after some more reading i decided it was bios as it didnt support my processor until F3 (might have been an earlier version)
Took board back and got my money.
Decided to go for the GA-Ep45C-DS3R as it supported my Processor from bios F1 (launch)
But ofcourse as you can probly guess by me writing this post its still reseting loop pre post (although it does stay on for a few seconds longer)
So im about ready to kill myself at this moment
A Couple of things i will add as they might help.
1.All Phase light are on (does this mean processor is working or overloading?)
2.If i dont plug in the 4/8pin 12v connector it does not reset.
Dont think i have missed anything but i will add later if anyone asks.
PLEASE HELP

a-wolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I had the same problem, in my case the solution was to change the command rate in the bios settings. and also up the voltage of the ram +.30 as the jedec standared of 1.5v wasn't enough.

Try only useing one sick of ram [ one may be more stable than the other so try them out ].

once you get into the bios by tapping "del" during post first go to "pc health status" the ddr15v for your ram should be reading 1.800v or there abouts.

if not you need to up the voltage which is in the " M I T" menu
while in the same menu change the "dram timings" to "manual" so you can change the "command rate" to "2"

at the very bottem of the page you can use the "ddr3 overvoltage control" to increase the voltage +.30,[ this is 1.5v + .30 = 1.8v]

Hope this helps.