furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
just wondering if the connectors are the same, i want to replace my hard drive in my laptop but want to keep my files by transfering them via sata to usb adapter kit, no kits i see say weather there for 1 or the other.

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

that did not answer my question

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
got a new problem, my current hdd is ata-150 (sata) can i put in a sataII drive and it will work? i kno with my desktop i had a sata drive and then bought a sataII drive and was able to jump it to run sata, does that setting also apply to laptop drives or do i have to make sure i buy a sata(1) drive

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
well i just threw my girlfriends 320gb sataII drive (from sony vaio) in my laptop (hp) and my laptop wouldnt boot, it would show "windows is loading files" and then reboot, and just kept doing that, does that mean my notebook will not use sataII drives?

also we are both running windows 7 rc build 7100, but mine is 32bit and hers is 64bit, could that be causing it? my notebooks cpu does not support 64bit operating systems, i figure maybe i just wouldnt be able to use full features of 64bit but will it also stop my notebook from booting?

i know a little bit about sata drives and OS on them, i bought a used 500gb from a friend who had vista installed and put it into my dell, the system was before installed on an hp or somthing so i know the OS "should" of worked, but maybe only on some applactions

but any help would be great, i want to buy a NEW drive on ebay but dont know what to get just yet, and if i buy the wrong one, i wouldnt be able to return it cause its ebay (unless its broken)

No, that doesn't mean you can't use SATA 3.0Gbit - it means you were probably trying to boot from her recovery partition. Also, are you sure that your laptop doesn't support 64 bit? Almost every CPU made in the past several years supports it...

TRENDING THREADS