bulletcooker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I won an aquagate max cooler from cooler master @ quake-con 2008
I already have an amazing set up with my fans and airflow. i have a hard time finding any charts or real results of going from air cooling to water cooling first before i dig into this case i want to get real definite results under the current set up

I used a program called CPU burn in for 12 hours which from what i understand puts a constant load on my processor after the 12 hour nap i woke and found my processor to be still 52 C. I'm not sure how universal those results may be but if someone first can recommend a program to graph out and stress test my processor temps before i do this so i can give the world the results i would love to help

The purpose of this is to truly test from one set up to another. so if you would like to tell me to give up water cooling because its not practical, i agree but i am going to do it anyways. and i chose toms hardware because they have helped me before so i figured id give back.

Asus m3a79-t deluxe

cpu cooler XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle

amd phenom 2.6 15% OC'd at around 2.99

8 gigs of gskill 1066 ram

dual 4870 1gig video cards cross-fired

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I'd leave it. The WC system you won isn't considered much in the world of watercooling. It's underpowered and barely if not worse than a real WC setup.

Your doing great on air, so make some coin, sell it.

You get the WC benefit when you go get a full on system, and it's wayy more expensive than the Aqua.

Glad you asked first!

bulletcooker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Ok i decided to use because i could stress all 4 processors at the same time
i ran the test for 10 mins with no over clocking and with over clocking
othos cpu stress test 10 mins

air cooled
No oc was 63C
with OC 66

now after 2 hours of learning and grumbling at my roommates i got my water cooler set up and tested

Water cooled

No Oc 44
With OC 49

and i have the pictures to prove it and btw im not done putting everything in the right spot just wanted to test it fast lol.
IMG00157.jpg

IMG00159.jpg

defaultload-1.png

10mins66c.png

noocwatercooled.png

ocwatercooled.png

magnus_1982

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Keep the WC if he give you nice temps leave it but bare in mind that the life span of the WC is shorter than a air cooled system but if your change rig every year keep it by the time it get old probably the rig is going to be in another owner, if you sell your old rigs.

bulletcooker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
yeah man like i said the point of this was to get real results and thats what i did man im already halfway to a new computer gonna do a submerged and i can always revert back to aircooled faster than the wc conversion lol