Sign in with
Your question

Wireless network adapter not recognized in w7 HELP!!!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 17, 2009 7:21:41 PM

Please help and respond fast, i have looked for help everywhere and i still haven t found a solution, everyone tell me how to install the drivers for the adapter but i can t install them since the card isn t even recognized. the wireless adapter is a PCI belkin wireless g F5D7000 ver. 5000. I have tried re installing windows 7 and installing a different version of the OS, currently i have the RTM version. The adapter has LEDs at the back which are supposed to light up, but they don't. The card is supposed to be only compatible with windows xp but, it works fine on Vista and i know people got it working on windows 7.

August 17, 2009 7:27:23 PM

So, my problem is that the card doesn t get recognized, i tried many different thing, and still couldn't find it.

Please dont post stuff on how to install drivers or to take the card out and re plug it, i already tried all that stuff and didnt work.

if u got questions bout my specs and sh3t then ask me

ps. i expect for someone to respond cuz im pissed, never get a decent solution to this

September 25, 2009 2:32:42 AM

For what it's worth, I'm having a similar problem. It appears to be a Win7 issue with older motherboards.

Related resources
September 30, 2009 2:21:37 PM

i have the problem but with a belkin usb adapter and it is possible but i cant get it to to work but belkin usb and pci network products dont have win 7 driver spent hour on the fone to some asain person who all i got was thast he didnt no what problem was, all i wanted to know was when tyhe driver would be out and he said he cant help me, and wouldnt put me through to hes suprviser, his exact words were "my superviser deosnt want to talk to you" now how the hell am i sopose to do then i couldnt even make a compalnt cos he wouldnt do it, and the call center was some forgien contry and i live in uk that great now have a £20 phone bill from that call, how ment to go about this problem i dont no
December 26, 2009 12:33:15 PM

I've posted this solution for Linksys adapter but hopefully, it'd give you some hints, otherwise, pardon me for another irrelevant info:

-----------
Reference: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/end.... This has detailed instruction on handling "Error 211."
In "Device Manager" (Control Panel), my wireless adapter, WUSB54GC, appeared under "Other devices" note. Unfortunately, I overlooked that and ended up wasting much time searching for "another" solution; I incorrectly assumed it'd show up under "Network adapters" node. "Step 3" from the above reference hightlighted that location in the yellow box.
From http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WUSB54GC/do..., download the new Driver. Extract and save to it to some place or media that can later be accessed by your Windows 7 system.
From Windows 7, go to "Device Manager", right click on "802.11.g WLAN" -> click on "Update Driver Software" -> Select/specify location where the new Driver is -> update it.
Upon completion, the light on the adapter should come up.
Good luck and let me know if you have any issue.
!