Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Control Panel
  • Screen Resolution
  • Windows XP
  • Product
Last response: in Windows XP
December 8, 2010 10:45:07 PM

HELLO: Every time i install sp2 my color reverts back to 4 bit and my screen resolution is 480 by 640. i can not change these settings through control panel display. can not update Drivers.

More about : sp2 errors install

December 8, 2010 10:48:06 PM

You need to install the motherboard drivers from a CD or something. If you have a dedicated video card, those too.
m
l
December 16, 2010 10:59:03 AM

After running around for nearly 2 days trying to fix my 4 bit color and my 640 by 480 screen resolution i decided to install a driver from a list of drivers available in the Disk Management section. The result of this was that when i restarted i had no screen at all. i restarted holding down the F8 key and used last known good configuration. When it rebooted i had a crash report message from Microsoft. Submit error report to Microsoft. I sent the error report and then received information to go to the Intel site and download 3 drivers. 1 being a video graphics driver. this solved the problem of searching the internet relentlessly for a VGA driver that every site i went to wanted to run a (free) scan and then offer me a solution at a price. when all i needed to do was go to the intel site and download the drivers for free and i mean FREE. THANKS MICROSOFT FOR DIRECTING ME TO THE RIGHT SITE WITH THE IMFORMATION ABOUT THE DRIVERS TO DOWNLOAD. AND THANKS TO INTEL FOR PROVIDING ME WITH THE DRIVERS FOR (F R E E) JAMESA3131.
m
l
Related resources
December 19, 2010 3:39:11 AM

mosox said:
You need to install the motherboard drivers from a CD or something. If you have a dedicated video card, those too.

I solved my problem by loading a driver from a list in my device manager section. i have posted how i did this under the advice you offered me. you may be interested in how i solved my problem and perhaps you could pass this information to others better than i can i as i am new to this site. VGA Drivers Appear to be a common problem for windows operating systems. Especially after upgrades. i hope this will help other users. jamesa3131.
m
l
a b \ Driver
December 19, 2010 3:58:38 AM

Well done but now you've done all this work, it's time to put in Service Pack 3 and all the subsequent updates, to secure your system properly. At the moment, you're still two years out of date.

m
l
!