Solo vs. group

I'm in the process of downloading the trial, and was wondering if some of
teh vets couold hand out a little advice on professions ... which lend
themselves to solo play and which are more aligned for grouping.

Any advice as to getting the most out of the trial would be appreciated.

TIA,
Crash

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:45:03 -0700, Crash86 wrote:

> I'm in the process of downloading the trial, and was wondering if some of
> teh vets couold hand out a little advice on professions ... which lend
> themselves to solo play and which are more aligned for grouping.
>
> Any advice as to getting the most out of the trial would be appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Crash

Crafting professions are solo only. Everthing else cuts both ways. And
when you are a crafter (weaponsmith, armorsmith, image designer, droid
engineer, artisan) you need people to buy your things and you will need to
buy resources from people, so it isn't even truly solo.

Entertaining and combat are both good solo and in groups. When solo, the
going is slow and the missions/gameplay are limited. But it is enough to
enjoy getting started. But quickly the solo life becomes boring.

So the whole game is really built around grouping. You can go solo, but
there just isn't enough content to keep it interesting. You have to
interact with others to make the game fun.

--
If it starts to make sense, you're in a cult.

Crash86 wrote:

> I'm in the process of downloading the trial, and was wondering if some of
> teh vets couold hand out a little advice on professions ... which lend
> themselves to solo play and which are more aligned for grouping.
>
> Any advice as to getting the most out of the trial would be appreciated.

I must admit to being heartily sick of having to group with eejits just
so I can get through the more interesting quests in the game. I wouldn't
interact with these sort of twats in RL so I'm damn sure not paying for
the "privilege" of doing so in-game.

--
Guig

Oh for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen.

Guig <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in message news:<1088632050.8361.3@sabbath.news.uk.clara.net>...
> Crash86 wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of downloading the trial, and was wondering if some of
> > teh vets couold hand out a little advice on professions ... which lend
> > themselves to solo play and which are more aligned for grouping.
> >
> > Any advice as to getting the most out of the trial would be appreciated.
> >

> I must admit to being heartily sick of having to group with eejits just
> so I can get through the more interesting quests in the game. I wouldn't
> interact with these sort of twats in RL so I'm damn sure not paying for
> the "privilege" of doing so in-game.

Expect to have to group to do pretty much everything after the Combat Balance.

Chris Pollard wrote:
> Expect to have to group to do pretty much everything after the Combat Balance.

If that's the case then I'm offski.
--
Guig

Oh for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen.

"Guig" <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in message
> Crash86 wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of downloading the trial, and was wondering if
some of
> > teh vets couold hand out a little advice on professions ... which
lend
> > themselves to solo play and which are more aligned for grouping.
> >
> > Any advice as to getting the most out of the trial would be
appreciated.

> I must admit to being heartily sick of having to group with eejits
just
> so I can get through the more interesting quests in the game. I
wouldn't
> interact with these sort of twats in RL so I'm damn sure not paying
for
> the "privilege" of doing so in-game.

My PA and I made a run through the Geno cave at the end of last week
(well, only three of us), and we had a blast. I think the real trick to
grouping is to join a PA that you can relate to and have fun with. Ours
started between myself and my brother's best friend from college. We
already knew of each other from stories (whether that is good or bad is
debatable :p) before we ever met in the game. Since then, we've slowly
grown incorporating more real-life friends, two people who some
real-life friends played with in EverQuest, and only two (three at the
end of the month) people we met in game.

Because of that, we are able to have a great time in groups, and if we
are forced to join up with idiots for any reason, we basically ignore
groupchat and talk in guildchat unless we are discussing how to get
around something. Being picky about who you associate with has huge
benefits.

- Oalan