(ISDB) DTV for mobile phones in Japan

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 15, 2004 9:12:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

<http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=5YXL4AHOTKB2QQSNDBCSKHY?articleID=20301004>

"KDDI has been working with Japan Broadcasting Corp. (NHK) to
develop a mobile phone that can receive digital TV programs and
simultaneously download related program data."

Kirk Bayne
alt.video.digital-tv Home Page
<http://www.geocities.com/lislislislis/avdtv.htm&gt;
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 6:09:15 PM

hotmail.com@lis2lis2 (K. B.) wrote:

> <http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=5YXL4
> AHOTKB2QQSNDBCSKHY?articleID=20301004>
>
> "KDDI has been working with Japan Broadcasting Corp. (NHK) to
> develop a mobile phone that can receive digital TV programs and
> simultaneously download related program data."

Jeez, don't we have enough distracted drivers already?
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 8:40:00 PM

nonex wrote:

> hotmail.com@lis2lis2 (K. B.) wrote:
>

>><http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=5YXL4
>>AHOTKB2QQSNDBCSKHY?articleID=20301004>
>>
>>"KDDI has been working with Japan Broadcasting Corp. (NHK) to
>>develop a mobile phone that can receive digital TV programs and
>>simultaneously download related program data."
>

> Jeez, don't we have enough distracted drivers already?

It is not required that you be driving a car to use a cell phone or any
other device that happens to work mobile.

As soon as anyone mentions mobile the car thing pops up.

Jet Blue offers DTV in their planes. The pilots are not required to watch.

There are a thousand other times and places when you might want to watch
DTV and you are also NOT in your home theater.

It is estimated that by 2009 120 million cell phones will have DTV
reception. This doesn't even count portable DTV sets, PDA's, laptop
computers, Pocket PC's and other mobile devices including in vehicle
rear seat DVD players.
!