I have posted several scraps from Word Pad on my desktop which when posted
to send by e.mail work ok except that the ones that
have an address when posted on e.bay or an e.mail appear with double the
spacing between the lines. Is this normal please?

A.B urton.

Use Notepad - or if you use WordPad don't use Enter at the end of the
line...if you want a break try Shift+Enter instead.