USB connections not working..

TamaDrummer03

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
someone please give me some feedback, my USB ports arent working on my laptop, i've tried plugging in many things not sure if i need to change something in my BIOS or STARTUP, or if i need to reinstall drivers?? No idea how to do that anyone know WTF i should do cuz i just got a sweet External Hard Drive i really want to connect to my computer but it's not recognizing it!?!?

Go into Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager an dlook at th ebottom of the list at the USB devices. If all or any have yellow marks beside them, click on one and go to Properties then Driver Details and click the Update Driver button.

Post back with what happens next.

TamaDrummer03

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
ok well first off theres none with yellow marks.. i have a +Universal Serial Bus with 4 tabs - underneath that say Intel(R) and 4 more tabs that say USB Root Hub.. i had this problem on my other computer and brought it to a shop and the guy fixed it by going into the STARTUP menu when u first turn on the computer, its like he had to enable a bunch of ports, but i dont know how to do that on this computer its a DELL laptop, i can get into the BIOS but it doesnt say much about USB ports. And i dont have enough money to have someone go fix it i know its a simple to fix i just dont know where to do it!!! HELPPP MEE!! LOL

You're looking in there for anything that implies USB ports are disabled.