spleewars

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Before i throw this thing out of my window, please give me some further guidlines regarding this setup:

CPU Q9550
Mobo Asrock P45xe
PSU 500W
Memory 8GB Corsair XMS DDR 2 800MHZ

I am trying to reach 3.6. Running prime95 on small FFT is keeping stable for 'sufficient' time but when i go on Blend option, none of the cores last than 1 minute... Been messing softly with the setting for 5 days and all cores are very unstable in prime with blend option...

These are my last bios settings atm:

Ratio CMOS Setting 8.5
Intel SpeedSetp Tech Disabled
CPU Frequence 425
PCIE Frequency 100
Strap FSB to MCH 400
DRAM Frequency 425 (DDR2 850)

CPU Voltage 1.3625
DRAM Voltage 2.2
Dram VREF Increment Normal

SB Core Voltage Low
SB 1.1V Voltage Low
TGTLRef Voltage Auto
NB Voltage 1.14
VTT Auto
PLL Auto Auto

Boot Failure Guard Enabled
Spread Spectrum Disabled
Enchanced Halt State Disabled
Intel Virualization Tech Enabled
CPU Thermal Throttling Enabled
No-Excuse memory protection Disabled
Intel C-State Tech Disabled

TCL 5
TRCD 5
TRD 5
TRAS 18

I googled and googled and goodled... nothing with the mobo...

And one last thing i forgot to state... despite the cpu voltage being marked by cpuz, when cores were at full load, the voltage came down to 1.27... what the f**k is wrong now?

Sound desperate enough? Thanks for your time

From looking at your settings you're running your VTT and PLL on Auto, with a 1.3625 Vcore you're going to have to manually set those, your NB also looks a little on the low side.

All my CPU functions are disabled except Thermal Throttling, but I'm running an ASUS M/B, so there will be M/B differences as far as settings are concerned.

OCing a C2Q takes some serious time invested to find its sweet spots, make sure your memory slot voltage and timings are manually set to the manufacturers specifications.