Votes: 1 100.0%
  • is my hd compitable wit my new MOBO?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xf0reverl0st

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Putting together a AMDx2 64.
Everything seems to be working perfertly system wise.
Tho im unable to actually get into my operatin system for some reason.
I have gone n changed the boot sequence and all.
Totally confused. LOST!

Im not able to get pass "Start windows normally" Keeps restarting to system set up. The HD currently has a working operating system of Windows Xp PRO. Do you think the MOBO isn't compitable with my type of HD? I can and have changed the BIOS to RAID N IDE. Still nothing. PLEASE HELP! A.SAP! Thank you

xf0reverl0st

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
MPN: K8M800 Micro

Form Factor : Micro ATX

Chipset : VIA K8M800

Compatible Processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Sempron

RAID Support: SATA RAID 0 • SATA RAID 1

Socket Type: Socket AM2

Bought with compatiable RAM N CPU.

Have tried Seagate and Maxtor HDS. Both with WinXp Pro on them.

Need more info please inform me!

akhilles

Splendid
Is the os legit?

Is it a fresh install?

Tap F8 at boot before OS loads for a menu, select "disable auto... restart...", Enter. Note the 0x000000?? code & any offending program. Google these.

xf0reverl0st

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
OS = Operating system, correct? If so then its an actual OS program just cd key that will be input isn't. Would that create a problem with a new mobo being used? Im unable to boot from cd.

akhilles

Splendid
Huh? You said you're unable to boot from cd, but it was a fresh install? You have an old copy of Windows on the harddisk?

Try clearing cmos & loading bios defaults. If your drives show up in bios, they will work. Otherwise, they won't.

bcrdnCola

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
It sounds like you are using an old install on a new system. This is probably what your problem is. Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to use a windows install from your old system on a new MB, as chipset drivers and such will likely cause conflicts and is probably why it keeps resetting on you. You need to figure out why you can't boot from CD, and run a fresh install on the system.

Alternately, you could boot into safe mode, and try and run the repair utility. That MIGHT fix your problem.