Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Show Desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 9, 2010 11:47:40 AM

i unknowingly completely deleted the "Show Desktop.scf" file on my Win Xp pro

how do i get it back ?

More about : show desktop

December 9, 2010 1:08:33 PM


Go Start then Run and type into the following into the box, including the space sfc /scannow then hit Enter. The System File Checker will run through and find copies of any missing files. Have your XP CD handy - it may be needed.

m
0
l
December 13, 2010 12:45:15 PM

Saga Lout said:

Go Start then Run and type into the following into the box, including the space sfc /scannow then hit Enter. The System File Checker will run through and find copies of any missing files. Have your XP CD handy - it may be needed.


no that did not worked, have you yourself done this step ever !!
m
0
l
Related resources
December 14, 2010 5:57:03 AM

capital_one said:
no that did not worked, have you yourself done this step ever !!



Usually at least once a week. :D 

Have you emptied the Recycle Bin since deleting this file? If you haven't it will be there and you can restore it. If it's really gone, download Recuva from http://www.piriform.com and/or Restoration2514 from http://www.win-freeware.com/REST2514.htm and see what they can find. REST2514 might be better - you can specify a filename in there.

m
0
l
December 14, 2010 10:25:52 AM

Quote:


Apologize to them for your being an asshole
.



is that what you just typed to me in reply ?
m
0
l
December 14, 2010 10:41:12 AM

Saga Lout said:

Usually at least once a week. :D 


really!! what exactly do you use your PC for !!
m
0
l
December 14, 2010 11:01:06 AM

Quote:
That's part of it.. you left out a lot.


ya left out coz it does not seems to rhyme with the rest
m
0
l
December 14, 2010 12:02:31 PM

capital_one said:
really!! what exactly do you use your PC for !!



I repair other peoples' PCs. :D  My own systems don't give me any problems - especially the Linux ones.

m
0
l
December 14, 2010 7:27:21 PM

Please keep the mud-slinging out of this thread.
m
0
l
December 15, 2010 7:38:35 AM

Saga Lout said:

Usually at least once a week. :D 

Have you emptied the Recycle Bin since deleting this file? If you haven't it will be there and you can restore it. If it's really gone, download Recuva from http://www.piriform.com and/or Restoration2514 from http://www.win-freeware.com/REST2514.htm and see what they can find. REST2514 might be better - you can specify a filename in there.
:( 


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355


better one ......... http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/quick-help-downl...
m
0
l
!