Finally got everything put together... No Power Help Please :(

SkippyMcGee

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
So I got everything hooked up(not sure about all the wiring case wires don't seem to totally match motherboard wires for front stuff) but tried to power it up and nothing. No fan on the PSU, no lights, no noise, just silence. So I tried troubleshooting and connecting it only to the Hard Drive like PC Power and Coolings website says, well nothing again.

Do I have a DOA PSU? Or did I just hook up everything wrong. The wiring was giving me nightmares, especially the front panel wires they don't match my mother board. Plus the only way the PSU could be mounted in my case was upside down I don't know if that had anything to do with anything.

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147104

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128337

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009

Also never ordered from Newegg before but when I requested an RMA is appears that I have to pay for the shipping back to them? And they won't send a replacement til after they receive the part which I have to wait for them to send me a shipping label?

Please any help would be great spent better part of the last 8 hours on this horrible thing and it all seems wasted:(

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
You can try shorting the PSU by using a paperclip "directions online"

Make sure your 20/24 pin power is plugged in.

Make sure the 4/8 pin 12V ATX CPU power is plugged in.

Make sure the power suplly is switched on and the outlet is working.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
You could try witout the Graphic card in. I had the systems you have with a bad graphics card before.

And Neweggs RMA sucks. You print a label from the email they send you, and then after they recieve it aloow 3 more days for it to process, and then shipping time after that. Your looking at 10-14 business days. What I do is a refund and buy another one and wait 10-14 days on my refund.

SkippyMcGee

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008

Ya both those were plugged in... Actually tried the shorting thing, nothing happened.

Hoping its the PSU, because the stupid case wires are impossible to figure out where they connect the only ones I could figure out was one USB, the power and the reset. Got a HD LED no clue where that goes, got a 1394 clueless there, got 2 single LED one + one - they don't have a spot, the only LED spot in the MB is a 3pin.

This is awful... Really want to know if it's the PSU not something else cuz then I gotta wait even longer for these RMA stuff if something else turns out wrong.

SkippyMcGee

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008

Definitely should have done that... I'm looking at at least 12 days before I'll get a new PSU now, and who knows if something else is working or not. Hell, i may have somethign else that needs to be RMA'd definitely not a good first experience over here.

The PSU I bought had so many great reviews and out of like 310 people I only read about 18 DOA. I can't win the lottery but I can get the the 1in 15 DOA. I really hope it was the PSU and not error on my part but after doing more reading I had to have everything hooked up right there was no other logical spot.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is there is 2 single LED pluges 1 is + one is - they have no logical spot there is only a 3pin on the motherboard that says LED. And there was another 2pin that said LED too from the case. I'm assuming the HDLED goes to the hard drive didn't have that one figured out til now. And there was a 1394. Then the front panel had only 1 USB plug yet there was 2 usb ports on the panel, and 3 front usb on the board, little confused there hoping that maybe it's like 2in1 thingy.

Also the board had 4 fan spots sys fan 1, sys fan 2, cpu fan, and pwr fan. I figured the back case fan connected to the closest sys fan 1, the the FHS fan connected to cpu fan like it said, one of the front case fans to sys fan 2(yet thsi was a 4 pin not 3 like the fan but it seemed uiversal for 3 or 4, then i had pwr fan that i didn't really know where but im assuming that was for the other front case fan.

I thought the hardest part woudl be installing things(slightly more difficult then i thought but got it done(push pins are AWFUL), I had no clue the wiring would be so insane, maybe im just not good with stuff like that.

Also there 4 Sata spots, I only have 1 HD, is there a preference for which slot I put the harddrive?

I read manuals thoroughly and look at diagrams but the case for example had HORRIBLE directions with only 1 sentence in bad english describign something with small pictures no cable directions. The PSU again was awful imo only directions on what each pin did. The manual was great but it related to a case of made by the same manufactuer which hardly related at all to my case.