Sign in with
Your question

Detection Error, Bluetooth can't sync cell phones with Laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 17, 2009 11:45:40 PM

I'm so frustrated, no help desk or phone number to call with my problem. So I hope someone here can help.
I purchased a USB Dongle Cirago BTA-3210, loaded the software from the disc and plugged the bluetooth dongle into the usb port, device drivers were loaded. 2 cell phones I have a new and I bluetooth and visibility turned on. Both phones can find the PC and I'm able to add as a device with a passcode. But go to transfer a file via the file transfer software and it won't work. I then found the devices were not added via the wizard. The wizard can find the phone, but try to make a connection and they can't. I deleted the PC device from the phones but I still have the detection error. Any ideas what is wrong? IS the dongle defective?
August 17, 2009 11:53:04 PM

the error i get is "Service Discovery Failed". Maybe it's best to purchase the USB wire cable instead?
August 19, 2009 1:52:15 AM

I played around with it some more and I un-installed the Dongle software (Toshiba) and had Vista handle the connections and it worked.
June 5, 2010 3:50:26 PM

Hey, I have the same problem, what did you exactly do that you got rid of those sttupid error messages???
!