After installing a new sound card, my DVD burner dissapeared!

Fkscott17

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
This issue has been solved, its just a funny story I thought I'd share. Happened last week, I had been eagerly anticipating my birthday present my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. Ordered it from BestBuy.com to get the points and it was actually $10 cheaper than Newegg. Had I known the shipping would take so long I would have just gone with Newegg. Anyway, my card comes. I install it, boot up, install all my drivers. End up having a problem with not having fitted it tight enough, so I have to shut down and refit the card. I make sure it's snug this time. I reboot, everything is great. Sound is beautiful etc etc. Next day, I'm doing some usual web browsing. I decide to check out some files on a disc, I pop the disc into the drive. It's spinning, but nothing is happening on my desktop no auto run or anything. I head into My Computer, and notice there is no option for drive d. I start to get worried, I quickly go to device manager, nothing there either! At this point I'm a little upset I hate it when things go wrong! I shut down and head to my bios, it isn't there either! I reboot and start troubleshooting online what could be wrong. I see problems similar to mine, but for some reason it doesn't feel right. I feel like there is something extremely simple going on that is causing this problem. So after about 20 minutes online checking out all the possible solutions. I shut down, I open up my case... And the friggen Sata cable had been knocked out of my disc drive! In my rush to install my sound card I must have hit it and not noticed. I felt like quite the jack ass.