Need help removing old graphics drivers

joetheone

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Sapphire HD4870 which is scheduled to be delivered this weekend. The card will be replacing my old 8800 GTS 320 and i was hoping to get some expert advice on how i should go about cleaning out the old nvidia drivers on my system. I really don't want to reformat my HDD again, so are there any free programs i could use to ensure that the old drivers are gone? I know i need to uninstall the old drivers from the windows control panel. Thanks for any help!

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

That's from 2004, even older than the other one. Those things work like antivirus. They compare registry to a list of known entries from drivers. Drivers that come out afterwards may contain unlisted ones, which the program won't catch. You want the most up to date program.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
You are right about the age of the program but I used it last week to remove what was left from 177.39 nvidia driver that I didnt like. I cleaned all drivers installed 177.39 didnt like. Removed from Add+Remove ran NFR found left over and removed.
I will look at the driversweeper in the future. Thanks for the info. KK