What ever happened to the ASUS EAH4870? Off the market?

shaitan00

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Quick question for everyone - a few weeks ago ASUS released the AEH4870 - a video card I was really looking forward to buying ... But then quickly after I realized it started to "disapeer", a lot of stores removed it as a produce from their listing, newegg set it "Deactivated" and most stores that still list it are out-of-stock...

Now I know 2-3 stores that still have a few - and typically I am a huge ASUS fan ... but this has be a little worried. Does anyone know what happened to cause this? Is the video card bad? recall? issues?

Any information would be greatly appreciated - I was hoping to buy a 4870 today and if not this then maybe the VisionTek ...
(ASUS board - ASUS video card - only makes sense)

If not - which would you recommend? Given that they are all pretty much the same price...
Thanks,

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
They are all the same, get the one available. They are all reference boards. The company will put a sticker on the fan housing and change the manufacture in the BIOS and that’s it.

Some companies are making non reference boards. They will have more RAM or factory overclock.

1Haplo