ASUS P6T WS Professional Workstation Motherboard

krisna159

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
maybe it a fool question,but its alright,
i am newbie

i was read the article

http://www.tweaktown.com/pressrelease/466/asus_p6t_ws_professional_workstation_motherboard/index.html

"SLI and CrossFireX on Demand"

To provide customers with outstanding imagery, the P6T WS Professional comes equipped with built-in the SLI/CrossFireX on Demand technology. This revolutionary technology will now allow users to enjoy either SLI™ technology or CrossFireX™ support on the same motherboard. This means that users will be able to install up to three 3-Way SLI-capable graphics cards and retain the flexibility to run a CrossFireX setup instead of an SLI one. Whichever route they choose, users are guaranteed mind-boggling graphics performance for improved work efficiency."

i was read in others forum before that be imposible tu run crosfire and SLI in same board,
i dont know about the detail,
please...
anyone please explain this for me,iam blind about this technologies.
i will be eternally grateful!

baius

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
Whether or not you're a "tech" newbie I'm not sure. However, you can't introduce yourself as you have and THEN say:
"i was read the article"
It just doesn't work. Do yourself a favour and retain some stature... I.e. write:
"I was reading the article:"

That aside, the latest Intel board seems to support xFire (ATI/AMD) and SLI (nVidia) natively. However, unless you're a "software hacker" (and I take it from your introduction that you're not), you can't get "drivers" (software that tells your hardware what to "do") that enable both SLI and xFire to run simultaneouly.

Despite the motherboard being a Intel product, the graphics cards would be under ATI or nVidia license. NVidia wouldn't write such software (or drivers) so as to include ATI's products because it would dent their products' sales, and ATI vice-versa.

The point is, you couldn't run a nVidia and ATI card at the same time and expect dual graphics capability. However, you are perfectly free to run either dual nVidia OR dual ATI cards on this motherboard - as long as you have the correct drivers from the company whose graphics cards you have installed.

I hope that I've answered your question.

(P.S. I've checked my spelllling, but I usually make a mistake somewhere, meaning I'm a raving hypocrite - but do I care? (A: no.))

bunduk

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

baius, don't be such a pedant; ensure you know what you're talking when offering advice unless you are prepared to qualify such advice with an appropriate caution.