jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Antec P182 (replaced stock fans)

latest ASUS Xfire MOBO

AMD's phenom 9850 black edition

Zalmans best CPU cooler

WD raptor 150Gb harddrive

and 4 x 2Gb of OCZ reaper heatsink 6400 mhz (will be overclocking)

^^^ thats what ive bourght so far ^^^

looking to buy:

Zalman Heatpipe 750W PSU

Blu ray re-writer ( ANY TIPS )

a shiny new ATI 4870 Graphics card ( will prob double up later)

and another Raptor drive maybe the velociraptor

jst wondering if anyone has any handy tips on how to mod the P182 or what hardware ive missed out!

money isnt really an issue but i do want to finish build before its obsolete lol ive allready swapped the MOBO and PSU

jpbg

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
i was thinking about cutting off the metal grills of the fans and attacking a wire fan grill instead so i can improve airflow mianly in the front sinc eit has to pass through 4 levels before air hits the fan front door, fan door, fan filter, fan grill, and finally fan

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
yeh ive seen the rear fan grills cut out. it makes them quieter!

heres an idea.

remove front of case and paint the font of the chasis black.

remove front fan filters and doors that cover them.

cut out the mesh that covers fans.

use thinner chrome fan covers.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-005-GE&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=795&name=Akasa%20Fan%20Guard%20-%20120mm%20(Chrome)

not sure about quality of tht cover and i may paint it black.

another thing of course is tht u would have to have some compressed air cans ready in order to get rid of dust on regular basis.

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
ive crammed a fan in bottom filter section aswell (held in by little metal cage)

dnt even need screws lol but u cant get the lower cage in unless i cut out the metal bit and screw the fan on.

but i prefer it without the cage i only use 2 HD so top cage is fine.

i also removed the middle fan out of lower chamber to allow for far better cable management and seeing as im going to buy a zalman heatpipe psu i wont need the extra fan there.