ktmrida4life

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Whenever i boot my pc from usb i get this "verifying DMI pool" message, and my pc just stays there. Even when i unplug the IDE cables to my hard drive and my DVD drive, i still get this same message. My motherboard is a TForce 6100 - 939, and it was just booting from usb 3 days ago with no problem. I havent made any hardware changes or anything, but all these dumb errors im getting from my computer is annoying. Im about to reformat my HDD and reinstall Windows XP Pro again, will this fix the problem? Thanks

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
Reinstalling XP won't help with this problem since the boot process is before windows even starts up. Would help to know what your trying to boot to off the USB. But most likely the media your trying to boot from off the USB is corrupt.

ktmrida4life

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
The boot device is definetly not corrupt, it works on other computers, just not mine. Now you say the CMOS data might be whacked, that definetly sounds realistic. Also on a side note, i did reinstall Windows Pro SP3 and im using it right now. The computer works great, but whenever i try to boot from the usb drive it just sticks at the verifying dmi pool data message. How do i go about fixing my CMOS? Ive tried setting the jumper on the board and it did work, but it didnt help.

Thanks guys for the help