Sign in with
Your question

New build - can't get Vista to load.....

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Windows Vista
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 24, 2008 10:36:44 PM

I have just put together my first PC and everything went together great.... until it didn't....

I turned it on and went through the bios setup then tried to load Vista. It just goes through this endless cycle of unloading the files, clocking for a little bit, flashing a quick message about expressgate not being loaded, then back to the initial screen..... around and around.

I'm sure that there is something basic that I've forgotten to set or run - but I don't even know where to look at this point. If anyone can give me a suggestion as to where I can start digging, I woul really appreciate it.

I have an Asus P5Q Pro motherboard, a Q6600 processor.... I'm not sure what else you need to know.

I was wondering if I need to initialize or format my hard drive or something.... like I said I'm clueless.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!

Moez

More about : build vista load

July 25, 2008 12:10:49 AM

First off, list in detail your system components ie Memory, amount, speed, specific model of dimms. Many problems encountered on setup are due to incorrect ddr2 voltage settings. It is easier to attempt to help you when you provide sufficient information.
!