HELP!

I can't login to Flurry or Radiant since the last patch was downloaded. I
ran a full scan and even waited a few days. I don't see any servers down
when I initiate the game. I get as fat as "connecting to login server" and
my comp never connects. Are these servers down for some reason? I even
tried login in without selecting a character. No luck. Can anyone help me.
(No sarcasm would be appreciated).
3 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in

    > HELP!
    > I can't login to Flurry or Radiant since the last patch was
    > downloaded. I ran a full scan and even waited a few days. I don't
    > see any servers down when I initiate the game. I get as fat as
    > "connecting to login server" and my comp never connects. Are these
    > servers down for some reason? I even tried login in without selecting
    > a character. No luck. Can anyone help me. (No sarcasm would be
    > appreciated).

    Do you have a character on other server that you can login to?
    If you don't have other chars besides Flurry and Radiant, try to create a
    new one on some server. That way you'll figure out if it is generic client
    problem or just Flurry and Radiant.

    Besides that, I could see that reinstall might be in order. But I know how
    painful it is to redownload all the patches and reconfigure layout and
    toolbars (if you do not save this somewhere prior to reinstall).

    Alexei
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    OK Figured it out
    The new patch did something and now I have to turn off norton firewall.
    Anybody else have this problem?
    "Alexei Boukirev" <aboukirev@blah.ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > "Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in
    >
    > > HELP!
    > > I can't login to Flurry or Radiant since the last patch was
    > > downloaded. I ran a full scan and even waited a few days. I don't
    > > see any servers down when I initiate the game. I get as fat as
    > > "connecting to login server" and my comp never connects. Are these
    > > servers down for some reason? I even tried login in without selecting
    > > a character. No luck. Can anyone help me. (No sarcasm would be
    > > appreciated).
    >
    > Do you have a character on other server that you can login to?
    > If you don't have other chars besides Flurry and Radiant, try to create a
    > new one on some server. That way you'll figure out if it is generic
    client
    > problem or just Flurry and Radiant.
    >
    > Besides that, I could see that reinstall might be in order. But I know
    how
    > painful it is to redownload all the patches and reconfigure layout and
    > toolbars (if you do not save this somewhere prior to reinstall).
    >
    > Alexei
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:56:44 -0400, "Gerry Wolburg"
    <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote:

    >OK Figured it out
    >The new patch did something and now I have to turn off norton firewall.
    >Anybody else have this problem?

    What's happened is the patch changes the exe file and the firewall
    will block it (stops nasty people sticking dodgy apps on your
    machine). There should be someway of telling Norton that the
    executable changes and it should always let it through.

    I don't sue Norton, so I can't tell you how to do it. Google should
    help you out. Turning your firewall off is bad, so don't do it ;)

    Mat

    Live Gamertag: Milbot

Login Games Servers Video Games