Cannot display the page

August 27, 2005 10:28:55 PM

I get the following message when I click on a link for additional help in
the Help and Support Center:

Cannot display the page
The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed. This may be
because:
If you are trying to view this content over the network, there may
be network
congestion or a problem with your connection.
There might be an error in the page's address.
The page might not be available.
Please check your network connection or try another page.

I'm not on a network. Also, in place of graphics I'm getting a box with the
message:

Microsoft Windows Graphic

I'd re-install the Help and Support Center but I can't seem to locate it on
the Windows XP Home Edition CD.

More about : display page

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 10:28:56 PM

Cannot display the page" error in Help and Support Center
http://www.winxptutor.com/helpctrscripting.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Hh2Qe.3151$FW1.1616@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net,
Bob Davis <rjdjr@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:
> I get the following message when I click on a link for additional help in
> the Help and Support Center:
>
> Cannot display the page
> The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed. This may be
> because:
> If you are trying to view this content over the network, there may
> be network
> congestion or a problem with your connection.
> There might be an error in the page's address.
> The page might not be available.
> Please check your network connection or try another page.
>
> I'm not on a network. Also, in place of graphics I'm getting a box with
> the message:
>
> Microsoft Windows Graphic
>
> I'd re-install the Help and Support Center but I can't seem to locate it
> on the Windows XP Home Edition CD.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:19:52 AM

Both 1400 values were already zero. I went through the motions of changing
them, resetting both of them to zero, and restarted Windows. I get the same
results as before. I searched on "repair" and I selected Repair Overview.
The graphic box appears "Repair Overview" and the box displays "Microsoft
Windows Graphic" beside the small box with a red "x" in it. When I click on
the word "devices" on the first line the "Cannot Display This Page" page is
displayed. Thanks.

news:o q735fzqFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Cannot display the page" error in Help and Support Center
> http://www.winxptutor.com/helpctrscripting.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:Hh2Qe.3151$FW1.1616@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net,
> Bob Davis <rjdjr@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I get the following message when I click on a link for additional help in
>> the Help and Support Center:
>>
>> Cannot display the page
>> The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed. This may be
>> because:
>> If you are trying to view this content over the network, there
>> may
>> be network
>> congestion or a problem with your connection.
>> There might be an error in the page's address.
>> The page might not be available.
>> Please check your network connection or try another page.
>>
>> I'm not on a network. Also, in place of graphics I'm getting a box with
>> the message:
>>
>> Microsoft Windows Graphic
>>
>> I'd re-install the Help and Support Center but I can't seem to locate it
>> on the Windows XP Home Edition CD.

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:19:53 AM

Bob,

Did you click on the...
Related Topics
Help and Support Center Index is blank with a Red X mark
at the link I posted?

Try this one...

Help and Support Center Index is blank with a red X mark
And, "Related Topics" link does not work
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/helpctrindex.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes