Sign in with
Your question

15 out of date drivers

Last response: in Windows XP
December 11, 2010 3:34:13 AM

driverfinder.com scanned my system and found 15 drivers needed updating. i use a packard bell easynoteR4, and run xp pro sp3 which seems to run ok. nevertheless i tried to find and install them myself, I had a detailed list of all the drivers needed, together with my laptop spec, all H/ware,S/ware,running programs data/info all at hand. quite a big task for me. but i had all the necessary info prepared, So how hard can it be!... after many hours searching the Intel and Realtek websites every single download link, involved a third party to do it for you. I naively thought, after reading the unambiguous phrase "absolutely 100% free download" on every download link, that they were free. yes i know i thoroughly deserve the "aw bless" badge for that one. packard bell was next, this was very different no flashing lights or smokescreens here and i found all the drivers on my list then simply downloaded them quickly in a single batch thank you very much. so job done. feeling quite pleased with myself now. next task, how to install the drivers, after some research i tried installing one of the least important drivers first but after opening the driver and about to run it the publisher was not verified, it was the same on them all. microsoft advise never to install a file without the name of the publisher.so why do packard bell think this is helping and supporting their customers! my head is spinning.to finish this off i thought i`d try another company to scan my computer for any driver issues. Uniblue this time.they reported just one driver out of date.

More about : date drivers

a b \ Driver
December 13, 2010 5:12:43 AM

Proof, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it works perfectly, don't mess with it.

I could go on and on all day, but I like the one a past President from the USA said...
"There's a sucker born every minute." (or was that Laurel and Hardy??)

Don't fall for sites that have something for nothing to offer.

If you truly downloaded drivers from Packard Bell and then you saw a publisher can't be verified warning from XP, install the drivers. You verified the source of the drivers.

If the drivers get a M$ "not a signed driver" (has not passed logo testing), install the drivers anyway. Packard Bell is not going to pay M$ to bless their drivers.
!