How do I become a Jedi...?

Last response: in Video Games
July 2, 2004 11:55:15 PM

I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it another
try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going to
change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
to pick this game back up...?

More about : jedi

Anonymous
July 3, 2004 3:03:35 AM

Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told there
was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the option
to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.

> I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
another
> try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
> tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going
> change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
> to pick this game back up...?

Anonymous
July 3, 2004 2:39:23 PM

"Drew C." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told
there
> was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
> true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the
option
> to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.

Yes that is very important to me... Sorry, but this is Star Wars... I can't
remember any scene in the movie where the main character walked around and
killed chubas with an axe... I know some creative licenses are going to
have to be taken in order to allow multiple Jedi (and Dark Jedi) in the same
galaxy, but if it increases ovrall player enjoyment of the game, they should
do it
July 3, 2004 3:08:59 PM

"Drew C." wrote:

> Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told there
> was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
> true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the option
> to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.
>
> > I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
> another
> > try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
> > tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going
> > change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
> > to pick this game back up...?

Nope, not the case, exactly. There is a limit on how many high-level Jedi there
can be, though I don't know that it's ten. Jedi in general are not limited,
though. In theory, the change to the Jedi path will be coming in the next big
patch. I imagine the website will have a better prediction as to when that will
be going live than I do right now.
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 11:08:28 AM

You have about another month or so to unlock your force sensitive slot the
old way, by grinding through professions. After that, Sony will be changing
the method you unlock. They've been a little light on details, but it
apparently will involve completing a series of quests.

"Tb12" <Tb12@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
another
> try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
> tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going
> change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
> to pick this game back up...?
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 8:07:10 PM

Totally Wrong!

The only goal, in this game, is beeing able to ba a Jedi :)

/123qwe

"Drew C." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told
there
> was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
> true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the
option
> to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.
>

> > I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
> another
> > try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
> > tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were
going
> > change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit
longer
> > to pick this game back up...?

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 11:55:17 PM

"bla. bla." <bla@bla.com> wrote in message
> Totally Wrong!
>
> The only goal, in this game, is beeing able to ba a Jedi :)

Well, luckily, you are totally wrong. There are many possible goals in the
game, jedi being one. You have until publish 10 to unlock the FS the old
way, by grinding through professions. Although this hasn't been very role
playing friendly, it does give you a good idea of what you'll be doing once
you reach jedi, grinding. However, if you find you're not into just
grinding xp, then perhaps you'd like to take on a different profession,
master it, make some credits selling your wares or services, join a city,
become a leader of a guild or whatever you actually enjoy doing. Jedi are
one option, not the only option.

Erambacca / Eloise
Wookiee / Mst Smuggler
Colonel, Rebellion Army