How do I become a Jedi...?

I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it another
try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going to
change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
to pick this game back up...?
6 answers Last reply
More about jedi
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told there
    was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
    true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the option
    to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.

    > I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
    another
    > try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
    > tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going
    > change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
    > to pick this game back up...?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Drew C." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told
    there
    > was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
    > true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the
    option
    > to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.

    Yes that is very important to me... Sorry, but this is Star Wars... I can't
    remember any scene in the movie where the main character walked around and
    killed chubas with an axe... I know some creative licenses are going to
    have to be taken in order to allow multiple Jedi (and Dark Jedi) in the same
    galaxy, but if it increases ovrall player enjoyment of the game, they should
    do it
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Drew C." wrote:

    > Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told there
    > was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
    > true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the option
    > to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.
    >
    > > I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
    > another
    > > try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
    > > tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going
    > > change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
    > > to pick this game back up...?

    Nope, not the case, exactly. There is a limit on how many high-level Jedi there
    can be, though I don't know that it's ten. Jedi in general are not limited,
    though. In theory, the change to the Jedi path will be coming in the next big
    patch. I imagine the website will have a better prediction as to when that will
    be going live than I do right now.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    You have about another month or so to unlock your force sensitive slot the
    old way, by grinding through professions. After that, Sony will be changing
    the method you unlock. They've been a little light on details, but it
    apparently will involve completing a series of quests.

    "Tb12" <Tb12@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
    another
    > try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
    > tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were going
    > change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit longer
    > to pick this game back up...?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Totally Wrong!

    The only goal, in this game, is beeing able to ba a Jedi :)

    /123qwe

    "Drew C." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Depends if you HAVE to be a jedi to enjoy the game or not. I was told
    there
    > was only allowed 10 light and 10 dark jedi per server. Not sure if that's
    > true or not. I say, just enjoy the game and if you stumble across the
    option
    > to be a jedi, great.... if not, that's fine too.
    >

    > > I haven't played this game in 6 months and am considering giving it
    > another
    > > try... When I last played, the road to Jedi-hood was paved with boring
    > > tasks of mastering to most ridiculous skills, but I heard they were
    going
    > > change that... Have they changed it yet...? Or should I wait a bit
    longer
    > > to pick this game back up...?

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "bla. bla." <bla@bla.com> wrote in message
    > Totally Wrong!
    >
    > The only goal, in this game, is beeing able to ba a Jedi :)

    Well, luckily, you are totally wrong. There are many possible goals in the
    game, jedi being one. You have until publish 10 to unlock the FS the old
    way, by grinding through professions. Although this hasn't been very role
    playing friendly, it does give you a good idea of what you'll be doing once
    you reach jedi, grinding. However, if you find you're not into just
    grinding xp, then perhaps you'd like to take on a different profession,
    master it, make some credits selling your wares or services, join a city,
    become a leader of a guild or whatever you actually enjoy doing. Jedi are
    one option, not the only option.

    Erambacca / Eloise
    Wookiee / Mst Smuggler
    Colonel, Rebellion Army