Removing Unused Fonts

I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen or
so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?
6 answers Last reply
More about removing unused fonts

    How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314960

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Bob Davis" wrote:

    | I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen or
    | so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

    Hi Bob,

    There is no reason to remove unused fonts (C:\Windows\Fonts), they do not
    load into memory at boot nor do they take all that much space. To remove
    one, simply click on it and delete it, but be aware that some fonts are used
    by the system and should not be removed.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Bob Davis wrote:

    > I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a
    > dozen or so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

    Just select the font you don't want and press delete.

    However, be extremely careful. Even if *you* don't use a particular font,
    Windows may use it, and deleting it will get you into trouble. Don't delete
    anything unless you're *sure* it's not a system font.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Thanks.

    > How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314960
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Bob Davis" wrote:
    >
    > | I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen
    > or
    > | so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

    I get a extremely long list of choices whenever I want to make a font
    change. I prefer verdana for most of my documents and currently I'm on the
    kick of using comic sans ms for OE. How do you identify fonts the system
    uses? Thanks.

    PS: I'm looking at the KB article suggested by Carey Frisch right now.

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > There is no reason to remove unused fonts (C:\Windows\Fonts), they do not
    > load into memory at boot nor do they take all that much space. To remove
    > one, simply click on it and delete it, but be aware that some fonts are
    > used by the system and should not be removed.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Bob Davis" <rjdjr@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen or
    >>so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

    Fonts supplied with Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm?fname=%20&fsize=

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Bob Davis" wrote:

    | I get a extremely long list of choices whenever I want to make a font
    | change. I prefer verdana for most of my documents and currently I'm on the
    | kick of using comic sans ms for OE. How do you identify fonts the system
    | uses? Thanks.
    |
    | PS: I'm looking at the KB article suggested by Carey Frisch right now.

Microsoft Windows XP