Removing Unused Fonts

August 27, 2005 10:37:46 PM

I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen or
so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

More about : removing unused fonts

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 10:37:47 PM

How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314960

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Bob Davis" wrote:

| I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen or
| so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 10:37:47 PM

Hi Bob,

There is no reason to remove unused fonts (C:\Windows\Fonts), they do not
load into memory at boot nor do they take all that much space. To remove
one, simply click on it and delete it, but be aware that some fonts are used
by the system and should not be removed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Bob Davis wrote:

> I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a
> dozen or so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

Just select the font you don't want and press delete.

However, be extremely careful. Even if *you* don't use a particular font,
Windows may use it, and deleting it will get you into trouble. Don't delete
anything unless you're *sure* it's not a system font.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Thanks.

> How To Install or Remove a Font in Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314960
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Bob Davis" wrote:
>
> | I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen
> or
> | so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:28:53 AM

I get a extremely long list of choices whenever I want to make a font
change. I prefer verdana for most of my documents and currently I'm on the
kick of using comic sans ms for OE. How do you identify fonts the system
uses? Thanks.

PS: I'm looking at the KB article suggested by Carey Frisch right now.

news:o uoCEhzqFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi Bob,
>
> There is no reason to remove unused fonts (C:\Windows\Fonts), they do not
> load into memory at boot nor do they take all that much space. To remove
> one, simply click on it and delete it, but be aware that some fonts are
> used by the system and should not be removed.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Bob Davis" <rjdjr@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>I have more fonts than I actually need with my use confined to a dozen or
>>so. How do I go about removing the un-needed ones?

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:28:54 AM

Fonts supplied with Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm?fna...