Sign in with
Your question

Help Configuring Multi Monitors 4FSX using 2 8800GTX's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 16, 2008 9:09:49 AM

I have read as many posts as I can find on setting up a multi-monitor system for use in FSX but I still have a couple of questions.

I understand FSX is CPU dependent and does not gain much from using SLI. Since I already have two GTX's in my system I would like to run them as seperate cards to power a multi monitor set up. My current monitor is a Samsung 244T @ 1920 x 1200. I would like to retain it as the primary center monitor and then add a pair of 22" monitors on each side @ 1680 x 1050. In order to do this I am assuming that I would use the DVI out on my first card to power the Samsung Monitor in the center and the two DVI outputs on the second GTX to power the two 22" monitors. with one free DVI out left over on the first GTX card.

If I connect the monitors in this manner windows will automatically treat each monitor as an independent controllable desktop and I should be able to set up the resolutions via display properties correct?

FSX natively supports three screens so I am assuming if I fire up the sim at this point I would have one large streched view across the three monitors but that's not really what I want. I would like to have the left and right monitor displaying a 45 degree view or something similar so that the monitor bezels can be placed about where the windshield pillar would be on the aircraft I am flying. Anybody know how to do this?

If your not familiar with MS FSX but have knowledge on setting up tipple monitors can you please confirm my configuration. Ultimately I would like to add a fourth smaller monitor to the last free DVI out and have it display instruments only.

Thanks in advance...

August 16, 2008 11:31:50 AM

Your ideas about how to set up the monitors ought to work. I have 2 22" monitors and it works fine. You will probably have to use the nVidia utility that determines which monitor is primary, and what settings you would like (one large, cloned, or all individual).

I have never set up multiple monitors on Flight Simulator (FSX means Flight Simulator X, right? - you never explained this). My guess is you would have to adjust settings inside the game as well.

Good luck. I think you should be able to do this. Let us know.
!