Both are great SSDs and it really depends on the price and your budget.

The Intel SSD is the faster of the two and has the largest capacity but also costs more.
The OCZ drive will give you nearly identical real world performance (although it is slightly slower), is not quite as large but costs much less.

As you are looking at $549 for the Intel 160Gb G2 SSD and $349 for the Agility 120Gb, I personally would chose the OCZ Agility.

Nearly identical?

All the benchmarks I remember (though I am going off of memory here) showed a pretty dramatic difference...

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
+1 for Intel x25-m

Just installed my x25-m 80gb last night. Upgraded to the latest firmware (02HD). Installed a fresh copy of Win 7 64-bit. I am blown away at the performance. Boots in ~11 seconds. Application load time is excellent. Very satisfied with this product.

lorax1284

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
As an Intel X25-m G1 AND an OCZ Vertex 120 Gig owner, I'll recommend the OCZ: performance is perfect, and OCZ provided a TRIM update where Intel did not. OCZ drives have rebates on lots of places, so you can probably get an even better deal than the Intel.

Just like Avis rent-a-car used to say "We're number 2. We try harder". That's true for SSD manufacturers: Intel is #1 and they are arrogant and not supporting their customers... OCZ is #2 and working harder to get more market share, including better customer support.

Go with OCZ. You won't be disappointed.