Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

AMD finally seeing the dawn?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 27, 2008 11:32:39 PM

Yes campers, that psycho is back. AT least for awhile. We've dropped in today because it looks like AMD is finally doing what they say. SO far this month they were supposed to have X3 Black Editions and 9950 BEs at 125W. A quick check on Newegg shows that they have done both as of this weekend.

I wonder why they don't raise the price closer to the original but it does look like Deneb is going to drop sooner rather than later and which could definitely slot in just above the i7 920 (it's strange that they're going back to P4 naming) at 2.8GHz.

Anyway, linkage:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103291

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103295

Here's hoping that Shanghai is looking good for Nov\Dec. They definitely need it.

More about : amd finally dawn

September 27, 2008 11:37:24 PM

I fail to see how a quad core performing around Q6600 costing around Q6600, and a Tritanic that doesn't represent any significant market share mean "the dawn of AMD".

The price drops mean nothing but a competitive move against Intel's products.
September 28, 2008 12:12:11 AM

Wow you look like some kind of fan of AMD. I thought I was one of the few; but today I have seen several posts where various people are actually upgrading to AMD stuff rather than spintel. Some are very surprised at what they can do easily. Others just don't know the details - makes it easy to answer some questions. One guy had a single core and didn't know he could simply add a dually - same socket, done, cheap.

This forum - I often feel like I am not allowed to consider AMD - or like I am a terrorist; but it's too late since I have been doing research and seeking truth rather than just accepting the bs.

Nice avatar - mines about the 790GX chipset which I am close to buying soon. haha. Except my truck decided it is maintenance time - it's been a crazy week for some other personals too. Just living my life. :) 

Deleted I do a lot of research there. They almost talk a different language it seems; took a while to catch on to their unique approach to what's really happening in pc-land. But it really helps me see thru that tonnage of misinformation, bias, and general horse pukky that sometimes gets pretty thick here. Some of these spintel employboys are like professional manure spreaders - except they seem to respect accurate info, well some of them, maybe :)  It's almost like they are drunk - maybe they are. They shoot their mouths until they realize you know something, and are looking through them.

I doubt you need to call out the moron brigade; they usually show up. The ones who spew all over the thread so it's impossible to have a simple discussion - sounds like you could probably name them too. They seem paid to disrupt. I was surprised the other day, one of them is an AMD user - that made quite an impression, and his tone changed a lot after he said that. Interesting.

But yeh, it seems every week for last couple of months or so, it's like new announcements, new tek, new hardware, new roadmaps - never a dull moment, lots of changes happening - all needed, and all in the right direction. I really like Gigabytes mobos too - they seem like they are really tuned in to new quality and they are making good boards for AM2+. I hope that carries into AM3 as well.

Cheers. And thanks for the accurate information. I'm off to see the wizard. :) 

Later.
Related resources
September 28, 2008 12:24:48 AM

yomamafor1 said:
I fail to see how a quad core performing around Q6600 costing around Q6600, and a Tritanic that doesn't represent any significant market share mean "the dawn of AMD".

The price drops mean nothing but a competitive move against Intel's products.


And competing with spintel isn't enough for you. :) 

What kind of "dawn" would really light up your life? Perhaps crushing spintel into a zillion little bits?

AMD needs spintel just for good competition - that's about it. Why do you need them? Cos I don't. Stick around, your dreams will come true shortly. Watch.

The triple core is making a lot of buyers very happy - it's a natural upgrade from a dually for some of todays apps that actually utilize multicores - but even moreso where people do lots of stuff all at once. What are you using? And does it suit your needs? Or do you require a 9770 just to get up in the morning? :) 
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 12:30:45 AM

ZootyGray said:
Wow you look like some kind of fan of AMD. I thought I was one of the few; but today I have seen several posts where various people are actually upgrading to AMD stuff rather than spintel. Some are very surprised at what they can do easily. Others just don't know the details - makes it easy to answer some questions. One guy had a single core and didn't know he could simply add a dually - same socket, done, cheap.

This forum - I often feel like I am not allowed to consider AMD - or like I am a terrorist; but it's too late since I have been doing research and seeking truth rather than just accepting the bs.

Nice avatar - mines about the 790GX chipset which I am close to buying soon. haha. Except my truck decided it is maintenance time - it's been a crazy week for some other personals too. Just living my life. :) 

*** I do a lot of research there. They almost talk a different language it seems; took a while to catch on to their unique approach to what's really happening in pc-land. But it really helps me see thru that tonnage of misinformation, bias, and general horse pukky that sometimes gets pretty thick here. Some of these spintel employboys are like professional manure spreaders - except they seem to respect accurate info, well some of them, maybe :)  It's almost like they are drunk - maybe they are. They shoot their mouths until they realize you know something, and are looking through them.

I doubt you need to call out the moron brigade; they usually show up. The ones who spew all over the thread so it's impossible to have a simple discussion - sounds like you could probably name them too. They seem paid to disrupt. I was surprised the other day, one of them is an AMD user - that made quite an impression, and his tone changed a lot after he said that. Interesting.

But yeh, it seems every week for last couple of months or so, it's like new announcements, new tek, new hardware, new roadmaps - never a dull moment, lots of changes happening - all needed, and all in the right direction. I really like Gigabytes mobos too - they seem like they are really tuned in to new quality and they are making good boards for AM2+. I hope that carries into AM3 as well.

Cheers. And thanks for the accurate information. I'm off to see the wizard. :) 

Later.


BaronMatrix has been here for a long time... since... umm... 1970?

Intel isn't evil ZootyGray, its just not good mainstream value. Many people fail to realise this. These days you can buy an energy efficent 45W Athlon X2 @2.5Ghz for less than the price of a 65W Pentium Dual-Core @ 2Ghz...

Nobody really minds me recommending AMD... I wonder why...

Cheers and a good 790GX upgrade path to you.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 12:37:25 AM

ZootyGray said:
And competing with spintel isn't enough for you. :) 

What kind of "dawn" would really light up your life? Perhaps crushing spintel into a zillion little bits?

AMD needs spintel just for good competition - that's about it. Why do you need them? Cos I don't. Stick around, your dreams will come true shortly. Watch.

The triple core is making a lot of buyers very happy - it's a natural upgrade from a dually for some of todays apps that actually utilize multicores - but even moreso where people do lots of stuff all at once. What are you using? And does it suit your needs? Or do you require a 9770 just to get up in the morning? :) 


Even the Phenom X4 (B2) is quite good value (if you don't consider OC'ing) at $60 cheaper than a Q6600, Intel should really get some price cuts, the Phenom is quite close to the Q6600 stock speed performance. Although its got the B2 bug that only really affects people (like me) who love VMs... Of course the 9600 is slower, but its good value...
September 28, 2008 12:46:51 AM

....A company is a company. I would LOVE to see AMD kick Intel's ass, so we can have some innovation in the industry, but they are both companies and they are both just as corrupt. It is hard to recommend AMD now, though the decent triple cores and cheap quads make it slightly easier for some special cases. Oh, and ZootyGray I am sure AMDzone.com tends to favor AMD more than Tom's, since Tom's is rather neutral... Though If a company named Tomshardware started making processors they might get some support on tomshardware.com, just a thought.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 12:52:18 AM

I agree a company is just a company but AMD tends to offer some spiffy stuff for my price range...

AMD Zone isn't that biased. It still holds a grip on reality...

...It just tends to review AMD/Ati stuff more...
September 28, 2008 12:54:53 AM

Hilarious
"Whatever you think, they utilized an QX9770 to SIMULATE ??? a 2.93GHz Quad in purpose of comparison. " HUH?

AND this is really funny:

"However, at least up till now, Core i7 isn’t the best choice for DirectX 9 games. " GEE THAT'S TOO BAD, I LIKE SOME OLD GAMES :)  So spintel is saying you are not allowed to play old games? That the point? :) 

"Core i7 is not the best processor for old games, or rather games at present, but in future, every big title would be constructed around multi process and Direct 10+. So if you want to play well a game of that kind, you better get equipped with a Intel Core i7, since that’s where i7 is meant to stretch its wings and fly high." = Yep - At your expense = and THIS BS is nothing we don't already KNOW ALL TOO WELL AND IS THE REASON FOR any quad. And most people don't need it at all = total waste.


THIS IS MEANINGLESS DRIBBLE - THIS PROVES NOT A THING - maybe the cpu actually runs - on what? UNKNOWN
Don't bet the bank on this test - nice colours tho! :) 

Do you know how much power is required to run those 4 cores? It is a theoretical idea. In real life the power requirements are way beyond what Phenom has been criticized for. Of course it's ok cos now spintel is doing it right?? hahahahahahahahaha :) 

This is a hype bs wannabe preview - no details are given. If you believe that, then you probably had fun being seduced at the IDF also.

Bring it on - and put it in a real test without BIAS. And good luck finding that.

Why did even bother posting this empty useless PREVIEW. You get a bonus for doing that? (spit)
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 12:56:37 AM

Of course that kinda useless... (to us) anybody familiar with parallel and multi-threaded computing would know that!
September 28, 2008 12:58:43 AM

Yeah I like AMDzone.com, but its not the best place to base all your information on CPUs. Thanks for the link kg4icg, I find it a little hard to believe that the i7 940 gets it's ass handed to it in gaming. That said I never really thought i7 was going to be the Jesus CPU anyway, oh well that E8600 is tempting me even more now...
September 28, 2008 12:59:52 AM


nothing wrong with AMD, used AMD from Athlon to X2 AM2

but Core architecture right now for the games i play is better since it keeps the FPS up :) 
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 1:02:53 AM

^ Exactly, my last gaming computer I built for my dad was an E7200 with Radeon HD 4670...

However for everything else (apart from video too) there's AMD
September 28, 2008 1:04:33 AM

ZootyGray said:
Hilarious
"Whatever you think, they utilized an QX9770 to SIMULATE ??? a 2.93GHz Quad in purpose of comparison. " HUH?

AND this is really funny:

"However, at least up till now, Core i7 isn’t the best choice for DirectX 9 games. " GEE THAT'S TOO BAD, I LIKE SOME OLD GAMES :)  So spintel is saying you are not allowed to play old games? That the point? :) 

"Core i7 is not the best processor for old games, or rather games at present, but in future, every big title would be constructed around multi process and Direct 10+. So if you want to play well a game of that kind, you better get equipped with a Intel Core i7, since that’s where i7 is meant to stretch its wings and fly high." = Yep - At your expense = and THIS BS is nothing we don't already KNOW ALL TOO WELL AND IS THE REASON FOR any quad. And most people don't need it at all = total waste.


THIS IS MEANINGLESS DRIBBLE - THIS PROVES NOT A THING - maybe the cpu actually runs - on what? UNKNOWN
Don't bet the bank on this test - nice colours tho! :) 

Do you know how much power is required to run those 4 cores? It is a theoretical idea. In real life the power requirements are way beyond what Phenom has been criticized for. Of course it's ok cos now spintel is doing it right?? hahahahahahahahaha :) 

This is a hype bs wannabe preview - no details are given. If you believe that, then you probably had fun being seduced at the IDF also.

Bring it on - and put it in a real test without BIAS. And good luck finding that.

Why did even bother posting this empty useless PREVIEW. You get a bonus for doing that? (spit)


The only thing biased is you, that preview was not all that Intel friendly. We shall see how things turn out when the actual CPUs are out. Oh, and why do we need extreme processor power for Half life 2? Why do we need ANY modern components for Half life 2? My Athlon 3400+, 1Gb DDR 400, and a 6600 GT maxed that game out years ago... I could almost say playing Half Life 2 on my 4870 X2 is about the same as idling on the desktop...

Edit: My point was the review was not so much biased, as it was irrelevant.
September 28, 2008 1:07:52 AM



but AMD's chipsets, 780, 790 are good, my server runs on 690GS with onboard x1200 and its rock solid

at work we sell an HP tablet with PUMA platform

had to convince some douche joe average that yes AMD is also good

he bought it and is happy with the performance, the onboard HD 3200 also creams intel x3100 and x4500
September 28, 2008 1:13:41 AM


in the future, when most games are multithreaded, multi core cpus will begin to really flex their muscle when it comes to gaming

you can see it a bit already in unreal engine 3 based games, supreme commander, flight sim X, big performance gain when going to 2 or more cores

hell even source engine is working on it, its not stable yet (bloody thing is from 2004) and works for like an hour before crashing but at some spots get 150% increase in FPS
September 28, 2008 1:18:09 AM

@andfangirl
A lot of people here are STILL talking about the TLB error which was fixed MONTHS AGO. The 9600 is now known as 9650 = this "9X50" numbering indicates a cpu free of the tlb error = applies to all models.

RE: "AMD Zone isn't that biased. It still holds a grip on reality... ...It just tends to review AMD/Ati stuff more... "

People on amdzone are largely AMD fans. Not all. They do not censor spintel talk - and they are very good at breaking the many myths that spintel perpetrates. They do not encourage bias - they are more interested in truth. They recognize spintels capabilities, performance crown etc. BUT ONLY when it is based on genuine unbiased testing - and THAT is why I use the term "spintel" cos too much is spin and too much has been spin for longer than many know - even back to the days when AMD was the leader with the Athlons.
It is hard to imagine; but when you find out the real truth, the whole picture changes. The Zone is not a flamer place - there is a lot of amazing info available there. Don't believe me; prove it to yourself. Do your own research. The problem is a lot bigger than most of you know. But do your own investigation if you really want to know.

The Zone will not sit back and watch you flame either - some people there are very serious tek types.
September 28, 2008 1:19:36 AM

You know what's funny is that this AMDzone tool have so much faith in Deneb, yet doesn't believe a thing about Intel's Nehalem.

Let's see..there are so many Nehalem previews on reputable 3rd party site (Anandtech, THG..), yet only 1 Deneb preview on a relatively less reputable source (Hardspell).

So this guys choose to believe in this mythical Deneb performance, yet doesn't believe in Nehalem? Ridiculous. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

EDIT: this guy kept on speaking of "the Zone"... which reminds of the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R :lol: 
September 28, 2008 1:21:20 AM

yomamafor1 said:
I fail to see how a quad core performing around Q6600 costing around Q6600, and a Tritanic that doesn't represent any significant market share mean "the dawn of AMD".

The price drops mean nothing but a competitive move against Intel's products.



I was just stating the fact that they are meeting launch dates better than last year. The lower power means it could be possible to OC even higher w/SB750. That seems to be your major complaint. This also points to AM3 using even less as CTI is AMDs ace-in-the-hole. If they have tweaked the transistors to get down to 125W at 2.6GHz for 65nm it seems like the 45nm will go even lower - 20% less than 125W should get down to near 95W - the roadmap floating around confirms that the 2.6 will be 95W. I was under the impression that they wanted to get 65nm power down before Deneb.

That should give them the headroom to drop a 3.2GHz Deneb at 140W - just below the Penryn. The SHanghai roadmap is showing even lower power so it should trickle down by the time the server chipset drops.
September 28, 2008 1:24:21 AM

kg4icg said:
I guess you guys haven't seen this yet then.
http://uneit.com/2008/09/24/intel-core-i7-940-in-real-t...
It is really something to think about


It shows gains in lots of places except gaming where it looks slower in some of them. If DDR3 adds even 5% they won't be far off clock for clock with AM3. I always said I hope they stay within 10% of each other.
September 28, 2008 1:36:39 AM

yomamafor1 said:
You know what's funny is that this AMDzone tool have so much faith in Deneb, yet doesn't believe a thing about Intel's Nehalem.

Let's see..there are so many Nehalem previews on reputable 3rd party site (Anandtech, THG..), yet only 1 Deneb preview on a relatively less reputable source (Hardspell).

So this guys choose to believe in this mythical Deneb performance, yet doesn't believe in Nehalem? Ridiculous. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

EDIT: this guy kept on speaking of "the Zone"... which reminds of the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R :lol: 



Intel has always had more chips leak out. I'll be interested to see it on a 790 board with SB750. HardSpell - a very popular Chinese site - only used the MSI w SB600. I mean Tom's isn't the only "reputable" site. America isn't the only country with "reputable" sites. Almost 100% of all PCs are assembled over there.
September 28, 2008 1:37:28 AM

BaronMatrix said:
I was just stating the fact that they are meeting launch dates better than last year. The lower power means it could be possible to OC even higher w/SB750. That seems to be your major complaint. This also points to AM3 using even less as CTI is AMDs ace-in-the-hole. If they have tweaked the transistors to get down to 125W at 2.6GHz for 65nm it seems like the 45nm will go even lower - 20% less than 125W should get down to near 95W - the roadmap floating around confirms that the 2.6 will be 95W. I was under the impression that they wanted to get 65nm power down before Deneb.

That should give them the headroom to drop a 3.2GHz Deneb at 140W - just below the Penryn. The SHanghai roadmap is showing even lower power so it should trickle down by the time the server chipset drops.


Ok let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Let's examine who's going to benefit from this price drop and TDP drop.

1. users building new computers?
This is a mix bag. Users who is familiar with Intel will stay with Intel. Given that Intel's Q6600 is also around the same price point, with very similar cost, I don't think they will jump on the AMD team. Especially given that most still believe Intel is a better brand (courtesy of Intel's marketing), the chance of them jumping over to the green time is less likely.

Users who is familiar with AMD will tend to stay with AMD, although they may be persuaded away from AMD because of the performance difference. So for those who's going for a brand new AMD system will definitely benefit from this.

Now there are always people who's looking to build a decent HTPC with AMD parts. However they've been doing that since the age of 690G, so AMD's marketshare will not change this sector.

So AMD's marketshare will likely suffer a minor setback due to users moving towards the blue team. Therefore AMD's price drop is mainly targeted at them, to prevent them from moving towards the blue team.

2. users who's upgrading
These guys are looking for a quick update, so they'll have to stick with AMD anyway. So AMD marketshare in this segment will not change.


So in conclusion, what AMD's doing right now is simply preventing more AMD users from jumping ship. Given that Nehalem will soon move to the upper 300 dollar rage, Q9550, Q9450, Q9300 will have to move down to compete with Phenom, and the future Deneb. Of course the performance figure for Deneb is still a question mark, but I wouldn't expect anything more than 15% improvement due to large die size and possible tweak in the microarchitecture.

15% improvement will probably get them on par with Kentsfield, and Yorkfield if they're lucky. Again, AMD will still have to be the price/performance king, so its ASP will likely not improve. Therefore I fail to see how this price drop and TDP drop will become the "dawn" of AMD.

Of course you can also present your view point on why this will be the "dawn" of AMD, besides posting just "good" news for AMD.
September 28, 2008 1:39:07 AM

BaronMatrix said:
Intel has always had more chips leak out. I'll be interested to see it on a 790 board with SB750. HardSpell - a very popular Chinese site - only used the MSI w SB600. I mean Tom's isn't the only "reputable" site. America isn't the only country with "reputable" sites. Almost 100% of all PCs are assembled over there.


Sure we can wait. But having a SB750 doesn't mean it will miraculously boost Deneb's performance by 10%~20%. It just means it can probably overclock further. But again, I would be surprised if they can even surpass the overclockability of Q6600. It has been seen doing 3.6~4.0Ghz on air.
September 28, 2008 1:42:28 AM

ZootyGray said:
And competing with spintel isn't enough for you. :) 

What kind of "dawn" would really light up your life? Perhaps crushing spintel into a zillion little bits?

AMD needs spintel just for good competition - that's about it. Why do you need them? Cos I don't. Stick around, your dreams will come true shortly. Watch.

The triple core is making a lot of buyers very happy - it's a natural upgrade from a dually for some of todays apps that actually utilize multicores - but even moreso where people do lots of stuff all at once. What are you using? And does it suit your needs? Or do you require a 9770 just to get up in the morning? :) 


You should really read more about technology before coming up here to spew FUDs. Sure, you can spin whatever positive news for AMD to be something like "AMD's savior", but it won't change the fact that its future is pretty gloomy.

The Tritanic will definitely make a lot of buyers happy.. who constitutes less than 5% of the market. I really wonder how AMD is marketing the Tritanics: not really faster than a dual in majority of desktop application, and definitely slower than a quad.

September 28, 2008 1:48:29 AM

thing is that was the mid range Core i7, it wasn't the extreme and if you browsed thru the benchies did you see the winrar and the everquest numbers on the memory thruput and the cinebench numbers also. We all know that fps in games also have to do with the gpu do to the way games are written. That wasn't the extreme version which will be clocked at 3.2 ghz.
September 28, 2008 1:54:55 AM

yomamafor1 said:
You know what's funny is that this AMDzone tool have so much faith in Deneb, yet doesn't believe a thing about Intel's Nehalem.

Let's see..there are so many Nehalem previews on reputable 3rd party site (Anandtech, THG..), yet only 1 Deneb preview on a relatively less reputable source (Hardspell).

So this guys choose to believe in this mythical Deneb performance, yet doesn't believe in Nehalem? Ridiculous. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

EDIT: this guy kept on speaking of "the Zone"... which reminds of the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R :lol: 


Mockery. Why are you speaking to a "tool"?

You are right about one thing - I don't believe ANYTHING that spintel says. I know better than to buy into hype and false claims.

Calling shrimpi mamantek "reputable" says you are a victim of the spin and the employboys. And mesmorizing misleading pseudo-journalism supporting biased testing.

I do not believe in mythical performance - you said that, not me - and I await GENUINE RESULTS FROM UNBIASED TESTING - and straight-up honest conclusions and interpretations - and shrimptek is not doing anything like that = lies! fud! bamboozle garbage and horsepukky - BUT they make it SOUND GOOD - and that's where they are hurting all of us!!!!

Sorry if that sounds threatening, I don't see how you can have a problem with that. If you want to flame - whatever, we can do that too. But there has been too much flaming to the point where we are hurting from it, divided, and depriving ourselves of the truth we seek. I am as guilty as anyone.

And yes, I personally have an AMD bias. I have said it many times.

"I am a self-confessed AMD fanboy for ethical and personal reasons"

I make no secret of that. AMD is already my choice - it does not even matter what spintel has to offer. Spintel has done a great deal to hurt too many of us, and they are big enough and powerful enough to do it. They have created people like me. And have deprived others - even very recently kids in 3rd world - for what - more power? more money? They are very successful at that. I will not support what I have personally seen as unethical - this is not an idea - this is my experience. And my choice - this is not negotiable!

You find your own truth; and you are free to do that, or not do that, as you choose. Don't believe me; I could be wrong. Prove it to yourself, find your own examples and evidence. It's not too hard to do that; but it takes an effort.
September 28, 2008 1:54:56 AM

Hey Zootytoot, you are now labeled as a biased vitriolic flame punk. Why don't you stay at AMD Zone then you will have people around you that agree with you.

And please, no more lengthy retarded rants, your wasting electrons.
September 28, 2008 2:00:05 AM

oh by the way they used the QX9770 because presently AMD has nothing to compare with.
2. show me a AMD processor right now that can utilize ddr3 memory
September 28, 2008 2:01:00 AM

Don't argue with the clown, there is no way he will listen.
September 28, 2008 2:04:46 AM

amd and intel fanyboys collide.....

LOL

no I'm not a fanboy I like intel and amd so beat that and I have both intel and amd macines

Srry about spelling
September 28, 2008 2:05:49 AM

ZootyGray said:
Mockery. Why are you speaking to a "tool"?

You are right about one thing - I don't believe ANYTHING that spintel says. I know better than to buy into hype and false claims.


When apparently the false claims come from reputable sites like Anandtech, and where truth comes from less reputable sites like HardSpell?



Quote:
Calling shrimpi mamantek "reputable" says you are a victim of the spin and the employboys. And mesmorizing misleading pseudo-journalism supporting biased testing.


Again, I urge you to study more about technology before you coming on here. There is a reason why he now heads one of the biggest review sites in USA, while you sit in your parents' basement.

Quote:
I do not believe in mythical performance - you said that, not me - and I await GENUINE RESULTS FROM UNBIASED TESTING - and straight-up honest conclusions and interpretations - and shrimptek is not doing anything like that = lies! fud! bamboozle garbage and horsepukky - BUT they make it SOUND GOOD - and that's where they are hurting all of us!!!!


Isn't results from sites like Anandtech "genuine results"? Isn't results from sites like THG "unbiased testing"? But again, you're so absorbed in your own little AMD world that you refuse to come out of the shell and see the results for yourself. Like I said, there's a reason why Anand is widely respected, while you...well, you know what I mean ;) .

Quote:

If you register at amdzone.com = they said to me "Welcome to the Zone" Sorry if that sounds threatening, I don't see how you can have a problem with that. If you want to flame - whatever, we can do that too. But there has been too much flaming to the point where we are hurting from it, divided, and depriving ourselves of the truth we seek. I am as guilty as anyone.

And yes, I personally have an AMD bias. I have said it many times.

"I am a self-confessed AMD fanboy for ethical and personal reasons"

I make no secret of that. AMD is already my choice - it does not even matter what spintel has to offer. Spintel has done a great deal to hurt too many of us, and they are big enough and powerful enough to do it. They have created people like me. And have deprived others - even very recently kids in 3rd world - for what - more power? more money? They are very successful at that. I will not support what I have personally seen as unethical - this is not an idea - this is my experience. And my choice - this is not negotiable!


Good, then stop flamming others for being neutral. Randomizer for example has been known for a long while for being neutral. Flamming him will only make you look worse. Oh yeh, stop site pimping too. Those who favors AMD is already at AMDzone. Those who prefers to remain neutral still stays here. If you don't like it, leave.

Face it: AMD is not the top dog, and it won't be for at least 1~2 years. Sure it will attract low end to mainstream buyers, but hyping AMD is just simply idiotic.



You find your own truth; and you are free to do that, or not do that, as you choose. Don't believe me; I could be wrong. Prove it to yourself, find your own examples and evidence. It's not too hard to do that; but it takes an effort. said:

You find your own truth; and you are free to do that, or not do that, as you choose. Don't believe me; I could be wrong. Prove it to yourself, find your own examples and evidence. It's not too hard to do that; but it takes an effort.


It has been proven so many times, yet you still regard them as FUD. Don't you think its weird that only a handful of people, including you, call Anand a liar? Don't you think its weird that only a handful of people, including you, advocate AMD over Intel in all scenario? Don't you think its weird that only a handful of people, including you, are disliked?

Think my friend. Think!
September 28, 2008 2:09:19 AM

yomamafor1 said:
Sure we can wait. But having a SB750 doesn't mean it will miraculously boost Deneb's performance by 10%~20%. It just means it can probably overclock further. But again, I would be surprised if they can even surpass the overclockability of Q6600. It has been seen doing 3.6~4.0Ghz on air.


Wow you have more hollow claims than you accuse me of?

Ok - so spintel is magnificent - is that enough for you?

Who cares about oclok ability of whatever? There's more to performance than oclox. There is also superior architecture. HELLO?

But really you are one of the many DISRUPTORS to any thread here that would attempt to inform people that maybe spintel is ALL A BIG LIE.

DOES THAT SCARE YOU? Will you lose your job if you fail in your mission here? Why not start a spintel thread where you and all your unwavering fanboys and other employboys can talk in peace - would that be so bad.

I simply have no interest in spintel or you.
Get that yet?

( o yeh but I think...... and therefore it's like I say....... and then this other stuff..... and then this tool thinks he's too smart......)

continue to make a dolt of your self - spintel loves people like you - you are a victim of the problem, there is no need to hurt others, just try to recover as best you can - you do not have to live that way any longer. It's ok.

September 28, 2008 2:17:28 AM

ok now i'm convinced that zootygray needs to have his head examined by a highly trained psychiatrist. he has gone off the AMD deep end and there is no reasonning with him.
September 28, 2008 2:21:08 AM

ZootyGray said:


Who cares about oclok ability of whatever? There's more to performance than oclox. There is also superior architecture. HELLO?


Let's See the Intel Quads beat the Phenoms Clock for Clock substantially in most benches.
They read higher speeds.
They OC at a higher percentage
They use less power.

How Exactly is it that you determine Superior Architecture?
I know for me, I base it on objective measures................
September 28, 2008 2:22:02 AM

kg4icg said:
ok now i'm convinced that zootygray needs to have his head examined by a highly trained psychiatrist. he has gone off the AMD deep end and there is no reasonning with him.
It took you that long to figure it out.
September 28, 2008 2:23:49 AM

ZootyGray said:
Mockery. Why are you speaking to a "tool"?

You are right about one thing - I don't believe ANYTHING that spintel says. I know better than to buy into hype and false claims.

Calling shrimpi mamantek "reputable" says you are a victim of the spin and the employboys. And mesmorizing misleading pseudo-journalism supporting biased testing.

I do not believe in mythical performance - you said that, not me - and I await GENUINE RESULTS FROM UNBIASED TESTING - and straight-up honest conclusions and interpretations - and shrimptek is not doing anything like that = lies! fud! bamboozle garbage and horsepukky - BUT they make it SOUND GOOD - and that's where they are hurting all of us!!!!

If you register at amdzone.com = they said to me "Welcome to the Zone" Sorry if that sounds threatening, I don't see how you can have a problem with that. If you want to flame - whatever, we can do that too. But there has been too much flaming to the point where we are hurting from it, divided, and depriving ourselves of the truth we seek. I am as guilty as anyone.

And yes, I personally have an AMD bias. I have said it many times.

"I am a self-confessed AMD fanboy for ethical and personal reasons"

I make no secret of that. AMD is already my choice - it does not even matter what spintel has to offer. Spintel has done a great deal to hurt too many of us, and they are big enough and powerful enough to do it. They have created people like me. And have deprived others - even very recently kids in 3rd world - for what - more power? more money? They are very successful at that. I will not support what I have personally seen as unethical - this is not an idea - this is my experience. And my choice - this is not negotiable!

You find your own truth; and you are free to do that, or not do that, as you choose. Don't believe me; I could be wrong. Prove it to yourself, find your own examples and evidence. It's not too hard to do that; but it takes an effort.


Your personal ideas are yours and you have a right to them, but is it not unethical to recommend something that will not perform as well as something else when the option and price point is there? If someone has a budget of $1000+ then it would be quite logical and ethical to send them down the Intel route (this is not an exact number...just pulling it out, it is probably much lower). We would be doing them a diservice by recommending something slower and through their apparent lack of knowledge take our word in confidence that we are telling them the truth and getting them the best/fastest.

As I said your views are your own and you are very much so entitled to them, but not everyone sees it the way you do. I am one of those people. My system before this one was a 939 3800+ X2 and it was great at the time, but is no comparison to my current system. If deneb wipes the floor with nehelam then I will certainly go that route. That is how I and alot of other people around here are. Why not respect that? This place was very much so AMD biased when people asked for recommendations a few years ago, because it was hands down better.

I have been here for a while and have seen both sides. If deneb wins this round you will find this place to be much more acceptable for you, but you not allowing yourself to look passed your own bias (atleast maybe in a recommendation to someone else who has no loyalty to either company, but rather themselves) is unethical imo. I have nothing against you and I always welcome new people to the forums, but there is no reason to try and "spin" people into the direction that you are facing. Once again from a man with ethics you must understand this.

Regardless of what marketing teams and the like say coming from companies...performance numbers speak for themselves and are the biggest selling point on this enthusiast site. Not everyone is looking for price/performance and not everyone cares about a companies practices, but more so the products that they produce for us. Each persons personal situation is different and so we try to adjust to help them the best we can. Intel happens to be the best in most scenarios at this point (in most new build situations that is)...I am sure that at some point I will be replacing Intel in that sentence with AMD and then back again.

Once again we all respect your personal position, but there is no need to try and rub it off on someone else. It is disrespectful and unneeded. Just as it is the same with disrespecting a companies name and referring to them as "spintel". This doesnt make you sound intelligent nor does it make people want to take what you say as credible. Just a thought...not a flame. Feel free to rip me as you see fit. Most people around here know that I play the neutral route and wont spin anything in my favor or answer questions in which I do not know the answer to. We are here to help people, and for the most part...I feel we accomplish this quite well. To each his own.

Best,

3Ball
September 28, 2008 2:24:09 AM

Deleted by Moderator - Trolling
September 28, 2008 2:25:07 AM

zenmaster, 3Ball et al., don't argue with him, he gets off on it. He's clearly a TROLL.
September 28, 2008 2:33:48 AM

Zorg said:
zenmaster, 3Ball et. al., don't argue with him, he gets off on it. He's clearly a TROLL.



No argument...just a point of view, but alas...I do agree. I am curious is to if thundy will show his face soon or not. lol, that guy usually makes my day better.

Best,

3Ball
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 2:42:16 AM

I think it's pretty obvious that ZootyGoof is Sharikou. I'm surprised Thunderman (possibly also Sharikou) hasn't shown up for support. I have to give Baron props for not taking part in the Tom foolery. I can't believe that anyone with access to the internet could believe that AMD can compete on the performance end. They compete on the price side of the equation. When your top quad core (9950) barely competes with a Q6600 at a slower clock, it's fairly obvious from a performance point of view which processor is offering more. To completely disregard overclocking is also short sighted. Sure for the majority of users (who don't overclock) it doesn't matter, but what it does illustrate is Intel's process has a lot more headroom and we're talking their 65nm process not their 45nm.

I am no Intel fanboy, I am a performance whore. I pimp my dollar to the best performer and right now (and for the last 2 years) that Intel.
September 28, 2008 2:45:21 AM

I think this is Sharikou coming to haunt us. Quick hide your keyboards!
September 28, 2008 2:46:43 AM

Zorg said:
zenmaster, 3Ball et al., don't argue with him, he gets off on it. He's clearly a TROLL.


Well, I like to perform scientific experiments on the animals every now and then.
Mind you, I try and avoid any cruelity.
I'm just trying to see if Trolls show any sign of intelligent thought.
I have not found any yet.

Surprisingly, I did find some forms of Inteligence in lab rats.
I'm hoping to find it in Trolls some day, but my hopes are not high............
September 28, 2008 2:49:12 AM

Now you do know if we are right about who it is, then the deniablity factor will go up claiming he isn't but we will see.
September 28, 2008 2:53:04 AM

Who is this AMD and where can I find him?
September 28, 2008 2:58:46 AM

techgeek said:
I think it's pretty obvious that ZootyGoof is Sharikou. I'm surprised Thunderman (possibly also Sharikou) hasn't shown up for support. I have to give Baron props for not taking part in the Tom foolery. I can't believe that anyone with access to the internet could believe that AMD can compete on the performance end. They compete on the price side of the equation. When your top quad core (9950) barely competes with a Q6600 at a slower clock, it's fairly obvious from a performance point of view which processor is offering more. To completely disregard overclocking is also short sighted. Sure for the majority of users (who don't overclock) it doesn't matter, but what it does illustrate is Intel's process has a lot more headroom and we're talking their 65nm process not their 45nm.

I am no Intel fanboy, I am a performance whore. I pimp my dollar to the best performer and right now (and for the last 2 years) that Intel.


AMD does have their points........
If I was going to build a HTPC system, I would be looking at a 780G platform with a low power BE-2400 chip.
Cheap and really nice for that stuff.
Intels G45 Chipset (and most of the previous ones) really leave alot to be desired.

Even AMD admits it cant compete on performance but only price.
And when you are looking at building your own system which can be OC'd, that really blows AMD out of the water for the Price/Perf ratio.

If you are looking at Retail systems which can't be OC'd then AMD is still competitive on price/performance.
But please don't try and fool folks when we know what a little ole E5200 and Q6600 can do vs any Dual or Quad from AMD in a custom built system.
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 3:08:25 AM

^

=?

The combination of not spelling correctly and... comments makes me ponder what he just wrote...

Are you trying to start the AMD version of the American Independence? Coz I don't think Britian will be able to intepret what you wrote...
September 28, 2008 3:16:53 AM

amdfangirl said:
^

=?

The combination of not spelling correctly and... comments makes me ponder what he just wrote...

Are you trying to start the AMD version of the American Independence? Coz I don't think Britian will be able to intepret what you wrote...


No worries. I will take the compliment of "too nice". He truly doesn't believe in people being able to not be one sided imo. Not much we can do other than to let it go I suppose.

Best,

3Ball
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2008 3:19:24 AM

Quote:
hahaha 50 posts in a few hours

I guess AMD owns you all already - really got you worried or what?

stay tuned for more live mob.

Hey 3Ball you get that? You are out of it now. Sorry. Had to happen - you'll thank me someday - about 30 years. That's optional, of course. Crazy, haha, yeh. Yes you really are. Note the date.

Don't worry, it's entirely optional, and you know it.



Actually, it should be "Jeez, we must be so bored in this lovely Sunday".

Who's ready for vegan non-GM soy ice-cream with no added sugar?

Where's Reynod... he'll miss all the stale sanitarium weetbix Home Brand wheat strips

And randomizer shouldn't be far off... otherwise who is gonna eat all this tofu salmon...
September 28, 2008 3:23:55 AM

amdfangirl said:
Who's ready for vegan non-GM soy ice-cream with no added sugar?


Haha, it is funny that you mention that as my vegetarian friend loves that stuff.

Best,

3Ball
!