Need advice - should I Xfire 4870's or get a 4870X2? Tags: Graphics Cards Graphics Last response: August 17, 2008 10:17 AM in Graphics & Displays Share therupert79 August 16, 2008 11:04:24 PM Hello. I'm wondering if I should buy another 4870 to run in XFire with the one I already have, or if I'm better off selling my 4870 that I have now on Ebay and buying a 4870X2. I'm running a 30" monitor at 2560x 1600 and motherboard wise, I'm using a Gigabyte X48-DQ6 with a Intel Q9550 Processor with 4 gigs of ram. Would I be better off getting one 4870X2 or running 2 4870's in Xfire? At the 2560x1600 resolution, which setup am I going to get better FPS with? The Xfire of the single 4870X2? Thanks so much! More about : advice xfire 4870 4870x2 Maziar a c 169 U Graphics card August 17, 2008 6:53:43 AM Hello and welcome to the forums mate There u go: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3372&p=4 rags_20 August 17, 2008 7:17:26 AM I'd say get the other 4870 n put 'em in xFire. They give better performance than the X2 Related resources 2 Q's: Should I Upgrade & 2GB 4870x2 or Two 512MB 4870's - Forum Need Some XFire Advice! - Forum 2nd card needed to xfire existing 280x (advice please!) - Forum Need upgrade advice - 4870X2 + 4870 -- still king for the money? - Forum Need Advice On Which GTX 770 I should Get For My Build - Forum Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Get the answer Hatman August 17, 2008 7:55:31 AM Noob ^^^^^^ Why would you use 4slots on a motherboard and also leave you no potential upgrade options lol???? And nto only that but the 4870x2 still awaits a new interconnect to be activated to increase its internal bandwidth I believe. Aside from the fact it has twice as much memory. 4870x2 mate, you can't go wrong.. V3NOM August 17, 2008 9:20:45 AM or...can u....wat if his psu isnt enough or something sarwar_r87 August 17, 2008 10:17:21 AM +1 to hatman and 4870 CF performs less than x2 Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Publish Related resources Solvedh100i vs h105? what should i get + setup advice needed. Forum SolvedNeed advice on whether I should upgrade or not. Forum SolvedShould I get the GTX 660 or just take the GTX 760? (NEED ADVICE) Forum SolvedI need advice deciding if I should get a new monitor Forum Advice needed HD 7970 Xfire Forum Power Supply for Xfire 6870s or Xfire 5770s | Need Advice | Forum Replacing my 4870x2, need advice on possible alternatives Forum SolvedShould I sell my pc and get ps4???need advice ... Forum SolvedShould I OverClock my 820 USD gaming build? need advice Forum SolvedMy first built! Need some advice/ what i should improve. Forum New Power Color 4870x2 - Need some advice Forum Solvedshould i upgrade my system now or wait ?advice needed!!pls Forum Need advice: What budget graphic card should I buy for around $50? Forum Solvedbuilding gaming pc, should I start with barebones kit and upgrade part at a time? advice needed Forum SolvedNeed Advice Should I Upgrade? Forum More resources Read discussions in other Graphics & Displays categories Ati GPUs Graphics Cards Gtx HD Monitors SLI Crossfire Tuner Cards Radeon Video Diamond Multimedia Matrox Nvidia Palit PowerColor Asus Games !