Geforce 6200 - Screen freezes and goes blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ventix

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I recently purchased a new graphics card, PNY Verto GeForce 6200, and a 1GB stick of ram for my computer however I've encountered a problem. When the computer starts up and windows has fully loaded it freezes and then the screen goes blank. I switch it off and switch it on and then it seems to work fine. Only seems to happen when you turn it on for the first time.

Could this be something to do with drivers or is this a weird way of the card warming up? The card was meant to be an upgrade from my XFX 5200 128mb card

(this is the card I brought -
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3348802/PNY-Verto-GeForce-6200-256MB-DDR-64-bit-AGP-Graphics-Card/Product.html) :whistle:

PalaDolphin

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
I am having a similar issue with my GeForce 6200 A-LE video card. I'm running it in 1280x960 32-bit and when I overload the video, the computer freezes, then the screen goes black for one second. When it returns, it seems the computer is catching up to itself. However, sometimes the computer never comes back from the frozen state and requires a hardware reset (pressing the reset button on the front of the computer).

I found this question through a Google search, but there's no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.