Right Click - Properties?

Aigh. I dunno where to post this, so i'll just do it here. I used to be able
to right clikc on an image, and check its properties. Now wehenever I
right-click on an image, all I can see is:

Open Link (not clickable)
Open Link In A New Window (not clickable)
Save Target As (not clickable)
Print (not clickable)
___________________________
Save Picture as (clickable)
__________________________
Copy (Clickable)
Copy Shortcut (Not Clickable)
__________________________
Add Boomark (Clickable)

The reason I'm asking is because I need to get the URL of pictures. Here's
a example of the pic I want:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/photos

Is it just me, or can you guys not see properties when you cick on a photo?
Or is there another way to find the URL of a pic from there? I'd appreciate
any kind of help. Thanxx a lot.
12 answers Last reply
More about right click properties

    Properties is the bottom item in the Context menu. At least with Internet
    Explorer. I have no idea what you're using.

    Here's the url of that picture
    http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR102082317_lower.jpg

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C4B2D551-5995-4405-8746-81068422E8C1@microsoft.com,
    Trixx <Trixx@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Aigh. I dunno where to post this, so i'll just do it here. I used to be
    > able to right clikc on an image, and check its properties. Now wehenever I
    > right-click on an image, all I can see is:
    >
    > Open Link (not clickable)
    > Open Link In A New Window (not clickable)
    > Save Target As (not clickable)
    > Print (not clickable)
    > ___________________________
    > Save Picture as (clickable)
    > __________________________
    > Copy (Clickable)
    > Copy Shortcut (Not Clickable)
    > __________________________
    > Add Boomark (Clickable)
    >

    > The reason I'm asking is because I need to get the URL of pictures.
    > Here's a example of the pic I want:
    >
    > http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/photos
    >
    > Is it just me, or can you guys not see properties when you cick on a
    > photo? Or is there another way to find the URL of a pic from there? I'd
    > appreciate any kind of help. Thanxx a lot.

    Some "images" on that page are Flash so you get a different menu if you
    right click...otherwise the image urls are there

    "Trixx" <Trixx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Aigh. I dunno where to post this, so i'll just do it here. I used to be
    > able
    > to right clikc on an image, and check its properties. Now wehenever I
    > right-click on an image, all I can see is:
    >
    > Open Link (not clickable)
    > Open Link In A New Window (not clickable)
    > Save Target As (not clickable)
    > Print (not clickable)
    > ___________________________
    > Save Picture as (clickable)
    > __________________________
    > Copy (Clickable)
    > Copy Shortcut (Not Clickable)
    > __________________________
    > Add Boomark (Clickable)
    >

    > The reason I'm asking is because I need to get the URL of pictures. Here's
    > a example of the pic I want:
    >
    > http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/photos
    >
    > Is it just me, or can you guys not see properties when you cick on a
    > photo?
    > Or is there another way to find the URL of a pic from there? I'd
    > appreciate
    > any kind of help. Thanxx a lot.

    I used to ave Netzero dial up, and when I right clicked a photo (same
    photos from thats site), properties did show up. Now I have SBC Yahoo DSL,
    and thats when I noticed it didnt show up anymore. Rob Giordano, how did you
    get a pic to show up on its own window like that? Sorry if these are stupid
    questions. I know about computers and all, but not that much. THanxx for
    helping out.

    "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

    > Some "images" on that page are Flash so you get a different menu if you
    > right click...otherwise the image urls are there
    > http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR102082317_lower.jpg
    >

    > "Trixx" <Trixx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Aigh. I dunno where to post this, so i'll just do it here. I used to be
    > > able
    > > to right clikc on an image, and check its properties. Now wehenever I
    > > right-click on an image, all I can see is:
    > >
    > > Open Link (not clickable)
    > > Open Link In A New Window (not clickable)
    > > Save Target As (not clickable)
    > > Print (not clickable)
    > > ___________________________
    > > Save Picture as (clickable)
    > > __________________________
    > > Copy (Clickable)
    > > Copy Shortcut (Not Clickable)
    > > __________________________
    > > Add Boomark (Clickable)
    > >

    > > The reason I'm asking is because I need to get the URL of pictures. Here's
    > > a example of the pic I want:
    > >
    > > http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/photos
    > >
    > > Is it just me, or can you guys not see properties when you cick on a
    > > photo?
    > > Or is there another way to find the URL of a pic from there? I'd
    > > appreciate
    > > any kind of help. Thanxx a lot.

    Also, its not that certain pic that I want. Its because they keep updating
    those pictures, and you can make them bigger by changing the "lower" in the
    URL to "1024x768". Is right clicking and going to properties the only way to
    get the URL of those pics? Or is there an alternative way? Cuz i'm looking to
    start a gallery of those pics, and need a way to get the URL in order to
    enlarge them.

    Is this for all pictures or just certain ones. I thought the Webmaster
    had options of what he would allow done on a certain webpage. Maybe
    they don't want certain pictures copied. Since I am not a Webmaster, I
    could be wrong!

    Clark

    Wesley Vogel wrote:
    > Properties is the bottom item in the Context menu. At least with Internet
    > Explorer. I have no idea what you're using.
    >
    > Here's the url of that picture
    > http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR102082317_lower.jpg

    You can't protect images from being copied, even by disabling right click.
    They are automatically downloaded to your machine so they are already on
    your machine by the time its visible on the page.

    "Clark" <oldguy@whoknows.com> wrote in message
    > Is this for all pictures or just certain ones. I thought the Webmaster
    > had options of what he would allow done on a certain webpage. Maybe they
    > don't want certain pictures copied. Since I am not a Webmaster, I could
    > be wrong!
    >
    > Clark
    >
    > Wesley Vogel wrote:
    >> Properties is the bottom item in the Context menu. At least with
    >> Internet
    >> Explorer. I have no idea what you're using.
    >>
    >> Here's the url of that picture
    >> http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR102082317_lower.jpg

    All you do is right click, read the url, then enter the url to the image in
    your browser address bar.
    If right click is disabled, then you View | Source and scroll through the
    html to find the url to any image/file/script etc.

    > I used to ave Netzero dial up, and when I right clicked a photo (same
    > photos from thats site), properties did show up. Now I have SBC Yahoo DSL,
    > and thats when I noticed it didnt show up anymore. Rob Giordano, how did
    > you
    > get a pic to show up on its own window like that? Sorry if these are
    > stupid
    > questions. I know about computers and all, but not that much. THanxx for
    > helping out.
    >
    > "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
    >
    >> Some "images" on that page are Flash so you get a different menu if you
    >> right click...otherwise the image urls are there
    >> http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR102082317_lower.jpg
    >>

    >> "Trixx" <Trixx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Aigh. I dunno where to post this, so i'll just do it here. I used to be
    >> > able
    >> > to right clikc on an image, and check its properties. Now wehenever I
    >> > right-click on an image, all I can see is:
    >> >
    >> > Open Link (not clickable)
    >> > Open Link In A New Window (not clickable)
    >> > Save Target As (not clickable)
    >> > Print (not clickable)
    >> > ___________________________
    >> > Save Picture as (clickable)
    >> > __________________________
    >> > Copy (Clickable)
    >> > Copy Shortcut (Not Clickable)
    >> > __________________________
    >> > Add Boomark (Clickable)
    >> >

    >> > The reason I'm asking is because I need to get the URL of pictures.
    >> > Here's
    >> > a example of the pic I want:
    >> >
    >> > http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/photos
    >> >
    >> > Is it just me, or can you guys not see properties when you cick on a
    >> > photo?
    >> > Or is there another way to find the URL of a pic from there? I'd
    >> > appreciate
    >> > any kind of help. Thanxx a lot.

    You can't make them larger than they exist.

    You are aware of copyright laws right? You'll need permission to use those
    images...or to link to them (it's called hotlinking and HIGHLY frowned
    upon). If you are discovered hotlinking some webmaster is likely to
    subsitute a porno image with the same file name and you'll discover some
    weird results on your website.

    Rob Giordano (Crash) wrote:
    > You can't protect images from being copied, even by disabling right click.
    > They are automatically downloaded to your machine so they are already on
    > your machine by the time its visible on the page.

    Actually, you can. I've recently put CopySafe onto a friend's wedding
    photography site so that he can put up galleries from which his
    customers can order prints of their wedding pictures without his having
    to worry about them just saving the images to disk and printing them
    themselves.

    See http://www.artistscope.com/copysafe/demos.html

    plus http://www.artistscope.com/copysafe/about.html for a description of
    how it works. What you then download is the encrypted image, and that
    won't display later.

    Steve

    > "Clark" <oldguy@whoknows.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is this for all pictures or just certain ones. I thought the Webmaster
    >>had options of what he would allow done on a certain webpage. Maybe they
    >>don't want certain pictures copied. Since I am not a Webmaster, I could
    >>be wrong!
    >>
    >>Clark
    >>
    >>Wesley Vogel wrote:
    >>
    >>>Properties is the bottom item in the Context menu. At least with
    >>>Internet
    >>>Explorer. I have no idea what you're using.
    >>>
    >>>Here's the url of that picture
    >>>http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/HTR102082317_lower.jpg

    --

    "It has been said," he began at length, withdrawing his eyes
    reluctantly from an usually large insect upon the ceiling and

    I played with Artiscope years ago because a cliented wanted to use it and
    was able to defeat it quite easily then. Show me an image that is actually
    "protected" by CopySafe.

    Rob Giordano (Crash) wrote:
    > I played with Artiscope years ago because a cliented wanted to use it and
    > was able to defeat it quite easily then. Show me an image that is actually
    > "protected" by CopySafe.

    How would you copy the one on their demo page? I'm sure there's
    probably a way, but I'm equally sure that most people wouldn't know how
    to or wouldn't bother.

    Steve

    I don't see any images on the demo page, just a link to download a
    Plug-In...your viewers have to download a plug in? How many will do that?

    > Rob Giordano (Crash) wrote:
    >> I played with Artiscope years ago because a cliented wanted to use it and
    >> was able to defeat it quite easily then. Show me an image that is
    >> actually "protected" by CopySafe.
    >>

    > How would you copy the one on their demo page? I'm sure there's probably
    > a way, but I'm equally sure that most people wouldn't know how to or
    > wouldn't bother.
    >
    > Steve

Microsoft Windows XP