How can i increase the c- drive space in windows XP

sraamkrishna

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
hi,

i am using windows Xp in my laptop i want increase the c-drive space, already temp files and cookies deleted. can any one help me, to increase the c-drive partition size without formatting it.

You left out a bit of important info. How large is your hard-drive, is it split between different partitions? You may just need to buy a larger hard drive, between constant Windows updates and applications getting larger and larger, a small drive just won't work well anymore.

You can also turn down the space used by System Resotore in addition to Tig's recyble bin suggestion.

This is not a huge space maker, but it gives something. There are old installer files in your hard drive that can take up an enormous space on some computers.

Open Windows Explorer (right-click the Start button, select 'Explore all users'), and navigate to the Windows/Installer folder. Right click and check properties. It will show the size of the installer folder which may be any size imaginable. Let us know the size of the drive and the size of the installer folder for advice.