thadarknight

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hello the situation im having is quite annoying to say the least....here goes ,it was an entirely different different problem in regards to my video card...in which i went to the bios/cmos to try and correct, my major mistake was to load optimised defaults on the main page of the cmos ,and after that the SATA Hard drive,has not been detected when loading up ..giving me a f1 choice and del to return to bios...f1 sending me further to the next page that flashes a statement saying (if you want to install linux default partition RAID driver,please DO NOT get PROM creation operation..

I was looking at my phone that i took a picture of it sayin that since it was only on the screen for half a sec...the end of that im not sure what it said ...was a bit blurry on the screen ...other then that it will go from there to loading cdrom then windows then will go to the choice of starting windows normally ...or last known configuration ..or safe mode ,safe mode network...etc...a few time that choice wouldnt come up but the screen would actually go to the desktop ..then sometimes it would go to asking me if i want to start game normally and after pickin yes i would want it to start normally,,,it looks like its loading up ,and then go to the blue screen of death ...Long story short is id like to get the BIOS/CMOS to detect the SATA HD again and get this comp back to loading up properly like it did before i hit the optimized default ....

can anyone help me with this situation ...thankyou for hearing me out ...^_^

the BIOS is AwardBIOS V6.00PG and the mother board is PM8PM=V

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suspect the Optimized Defaults may NOT have your SATA ports Enabled or configured properly. When you power up the system, hold down the "Del" key until the BIOS Setup opening screen shows. Go to Integrated Peripherals and find the place where the SATA ports are configured. Check first that the SATA ports are Enabled. Then check their mode - unless you know a particular mode was set before, it should be set to IDE (or PATA) Emulation. Next, find the place where the Boot Priority Sequence is set. My suggestion is to set it to try the optical drive first, and second the HDD that you normally boot from. Do NOT set it to try a third device unless you need to. Save and Exit the Setup screens and see if the boot manages to complete and get you into Windows.